Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Hungarian - January challenge thread

Tags: Hungarian
 Language Learning Forum : Multilingual Lounge Post Reply
1549 messages over 194 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 ... 193 194 Next >>
Kisfroccs
Bilingual Pentaglot
Switzerland
Joined 5198 days ago

388 posts - 549 votes 
Speaks: French*, German*, EnglishC1, Swiss-German, Hungarian
Studies: Italian, Serbo-Croatian

Message 97 of 1549
05 February 2011 at 10:39pm | IP Logged 
maxval wrote:
Szia! Elfelejtettem megírni, hogy Svájcban is jártam. Kétszer voltam Genfben, egyszer három napot, egy másik alkalommal pedig két napot. Az előbbi alkalommal egy rövid hajókiránduláson is részt vettem a Genfi-tavon. S voltam még négyszer Zürichben, de mindig csak a repülőtéren. Még sosem láttam olyan tiszta repülőteret, mint amilyen a zürichi. Én nem tudok se németül, se franciául, bár a francia írást egy kicsit értem a spanyol miatt. De Svájcban mindenki beszél nagyon jól angolul, így nem is kell tudni se franciául, se németül. Nekem Svájcban a legfurcsább az volt, hogy este kilenckor üresek voltak az utcák. Úgy látszik, hogy a svájciak szeretnek nagyon korán lefeküdni.

I'm tired, so I quickly respond in English. I do not really like Zürich and Geneva and do not think I would ever live there. I'm too of a country girl :)
And about the streets being empty : I think it's because shop close between 16:00 and 19:00, and most bar at 02:00 (what a shame !). But that's not true in the big cities in Switzerland.
I also fell in love with music in Hungary. Music and partying. That's lacking in Switzerland. You cannot go watch a concert without spending 80.-. You cannot go to a party without leaving 100.- (if you really want to drink a bit).
In Hungary, music is everywhere. Music is cheap but not - caution ! - not bad ! Of course there's crap music there too. But I've never encountered so many people who love music, play music, go watch music.
And all the humanly feeling what goes along : in Switzerland, people are cold and reserved. If you want to meet a friend, you have to make an appointment, but it's not sure to go drink a coffee or beer or wine... I think it's lacking of spontanity. But do not take me wrong, I've great friends in Switzerland : once you're friend with a swiss guy, it's for the life.
I like the hungarian people, because they are warm and welcome you. Sometimes, whe should take example of you ;)

But for the "Még sosem láttam olyan tiszta repülőteret, mint amilyen a zürichi", I find for example that Budapest is very clean. People don't throw their zigi on the street but in the bin (that really shocked me :D). If you want comparison on how clean Budapest is, go to Paris. You will see ;)

So, enough for today about Switzerland :)

@ HRIBECEK : go to http://www.pestiest.hu/ or sneak in a Kávéház and take the magazine "Pesti Est". All about what's happening in Budapest ;)

EDIT : the post is not to be taken in a negative manner :). And I do wonder : haven't I commited any mistakes ? (in the hungarian part)- that strikes me. Maxval, I'm glad you write in Hungarian because I can understand you perfectly. Minden rendben van (one of the first phrases I learnt two years ago :))

Edited by Kisfroccs on 05 February 2011 at 10:47pm

1 person has voted this message useful

mirab3lla
Triglot
United Kingdom
lang-8.com/220477Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5232 days ago

161 posts - 229 votes 
Speaks: Romanian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Spanish, FrenchB1, Mandarin

Message 98 of 1549
05 February 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged 
Sziasztok!
Csok egy kicsit beszelek Magyarul, de azt akarom tanulni. Használ Teach yourself Hungarian és magyar tévé. Nézem a novela India hétfőn, kedden, szerdán, csütörtökön és pénteken. Szeretem Magyarul!

maxval
Pentaglot
Bulgaria
maxval.co.nr
Joined 4862 days ago

852 posts - 1577 votes 
Speaks: Hungarian*, Bulgarian, English, Spanish, Russian
Studies: Latin, Modern Hebrew

Message 99 of 1549
06 February 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged 
Kisfroccs wrote:
And all the humanly feeling what goes along : in Switzerland, people are cold and reserved. I like the hungarian people, because they are warm and welcome you. Sometimes, whe should take example of you ;)

I grew up in Latin America, not in Hungary. My native language is Hungarian, but in reality I have no Hungarian mentality, for example I speak Hungarian too quickly and with bad intonation, something like Spanish. When I was in Hungarian school in the 1st grade, they sent me to a logopedist to correct my bad intonation!

Also I am not a Hungarian, as per ethnic background. On my fathers side everybody is/was Bulgarian, my grandfather and grandmother came from Bulgaria to Hungary in the beginning of the last century. On my mothers side my ancestors are from what is now the Czech Republic and Ukraine. My maternal grandmother was half German from the Sudeten region in the Czech Republic and half Rusyn. My only Hungarian ancestry is from the father of my maternal grandfather. So I have little Hungarian "blood". There is even some evidence for Armenian and Jewish ancestors on my mothers side.

I like both extremes. I like both the spontaneity of Southern peoples but also the order of, for example, the Swiss people. Both have positive and negative sides.

Kisfroccs wrote:
I find for example that Budapest is very clean. People don't throw their zigi on the street but in the bin (that really shocked me :D). If you want comparison on how clean Budapest is, go to Paris. You will see

You must be joking! Or you never saw the center of Budapest. Go 50 meters away from any main street and you will find a really big quantity of garbage!

Edited by maxval on 06 February 2011 at 1:42pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Kisfroccs
Bilingual Pentaglot
Switzerland
Joined 5198 days ago

388 posts - 549 votes 

Message 100 of 1549
06 February 2011 at 2:24pm | IP Logged 
Hi Maxval!

Your family chronealogy is interesting. Myself I was born in Switzerland but all my family comes from Germany. Only my biological grandfather is unknown (my father was adopted). And often people say I have slavic features... sometimes I wonder if I have some family out there. Who knows :)

I admit that I wasn't very long in Budapest, but the town gave me feeling of security (unlike Prag or Vienna) and I noticed how people are very clean. Or at least, there are some teams to tidy up the town when I was there:). Maybe you are reffering to the old building and I agree that some are very ugly. Also the undergrounds passage, they are tagged... but it didn't smell of any urin or so.

The first time I was in a hotel on the ring. The only thing that "shocked" me was that the water was chlored and that I couldn't drink it directly in the lavatory (?) (not the toilet :D). I didn't see so much of Budapest, the next day I was heading to Gyõr. I then spent a week in the country (between Veszprém, Papa, Tihany stb)
Last time I can say that I lived there for 10 days. I say "lived" because I was not a tourist and I was also in the center (where I lived) but I spent may day in definitively not tourist centers like Vaci utca and so on. I visited Universities, concerts and friends and cafés that was certainly not for tourist. If I wasn't with Hungarian, I hadn't go in some café because for me they seemed not to be cafés :) I also tested beer with water. I did not venture in testing pàlinka there... :D
I also overcome my "fear" to drink water directly at the lavatory. Didn't taste bad !

You're right that both temperament have positives and negatives. But two years ago I felt like I was home and this feeling didn't leave me until today. I do not have this feeling when I'm in Germany or France or Poland. (the polish seems to be more reserved) That's strange, but I could state it so : Switzerland and Hungary are both in my heart :)

Kisfröccs

Kisfroccs
Bilingual Pentaglot
Switzerland
Joined 5198 days ago

388 posts - 549 votes 

Message 101 of 1549
06 February 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged 
mirab3lla wrote:
Sziasztok!
Csok egy kicsit beszelek Magyarul, de azt akarom tanulni. Használ Teach yourself Hungarian és magyar tévé. Nézem a novela India hétfőn, kedden, szerdán, csütörtökön és pénteken. Szeretem Magyarul!

Szia Mirabella !

Csak (the pronunciation might have confused you)egy kicsit magyarul beszélek, de azt akarom tanulni. Használom Teach yourself Hungarian-ot és a magyar tévét. Nézem a novela India hétfőn, kedden, szerdán, csütörtökön és pénteken. Szeretem !a magyar nyelvet

I would have corrected it this way. Do not take this correction for the best correction ever ;). I'm beginner like you !
Szia, Kisfröccs

Edited by Kisfroccs on 06 February 2011 at 3:31pm

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5138 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 102 of 1549
13 February 2011 at 2:03pm | IP Logged 
I'm back from my trip to Budapest and have time to use the internet again now after a visit from my brother and cousin.

I had a very good time in Budapest but I'll describe that trip of course in Hungarian in the next few days.

I'll be active here again now and some more replies/new Hungarian posts are on their way!

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5138 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 

Message 103 of 1549
14 February 2011 at 2:48pm | IP Logged 
maxval wrote:
Maybe it will be useful if I write answers to your texts, something like a real conversation. I will try to write using simple style. Ask if something is not clear.

Sajnos én sosem jártam a Hawaii-szigeteken, sőt sehol máshol Óceániában. Pedig nagyon érdekel az a térség, még a honlapom is Nauruban van bejegyezve.

Viszont az amerikai földrészen sokat jártam, sőt ott éltem kilenc évet. Három évig Peruban éltem, hat évig pedig Kubában. De voltam egy-egy hetet Kanadában és Mexikóban is.

Mexikóban csak a fővárosban és a piramisoknál jártam. A piramisok nagyon érdekesek voltak. Kanadában voltam Új-Foundlandon, Montrealban, Torontóban és a Niagara-vízesésnél. A Niagara-vízesésénél csak a kanadai oldalon voltam, mert nem volt amerikai vízumom.

Ezen kívül átutazóban voltam még Ecuadorban, Kolumbiában, Venezuelában, Puerto Ricóban és az USÁ-ban. Az USÁ-ban háromszor, de mindig csak a repülőtéren New Yorkban, a repülőtéri tranzitban, amikor Frankfurtból utaztam repülővel Limába.

Egyszer hajóval is utaztam. Havannából Rostockba, 12 nap alatt. Elmentünk a Bahama-szigetek és Bermuda mellett, majd az Azori-szigetek mellett egész a francia partokig, onnan pedig északkelet felé Anglia és Franciaország között a Csatornán, majd Németországig, s a Kieli-csatornán keresztül Rostockig. Azért utaztam hajóval, mert volt három kutyám Kubában, s nem akartam a kutyákat repülőgéppel hazavinni, nehogy nagyon megijedjenek. A hajóút egyébként érdekes volt, bár az Atlanti-óceán közepén nagy hullámok voltak, s nehéz volt aludni éjszaka a folyamatos mozgástól.

Európában is utaztam több országba. A legtöbbet Spanyolországban és Ausztriában voltam. De jártam Franciaországban, Romániában, Görögországban is. Egyszer Angliában is voltam három napot, de csak Londonban. Londonban megnéztem többek között a királyi palotát, a Hyde Parkot, a Parlamentet, Nelson admirális szobrát, a British Museumot, s a Madame Tussauds Múzeumot. A Madame Tussauds Múzeumban nagyon drága volt a belépőjegy.

Legnagyobb régi utazási élményem a Berlini Fal volt, még akkor láttam, amikor még állt. Többször mentem Kelet-Berlinből Nyugat-Berlinbe és vissza. Egyszer két óráig tartott az útlevélellenőrzés Kelet-Berlinben. Nyugat-Berlinben vásároltam egy számítógépet.

S természetesen a legtöbbet két országban éltem: Magyarországon és Bulgáriában. Magyarországon összesen húsz évet, Bulgáriában összesen tizennégy évet töltöttem el. Jelenleg is Bulgáriában élek.

Végül néhány szót magamról. Negyvenhárom éves vagyok, s bár származásom szerint nem vagyok magyar, de mivel Budapesten születtem, a családban magyarul beszéltünk, s magyar iskolába jártam az általános iskola végéig, a magyar az anyanyelvem. Tizenkilenc éves koromban házasodtam, idén lesz a huszonötödik házassági évfordulóm. Van két fiam. A kisebbik tizennégy éves és nyolcadik osztályos. A nagyobbik huszonkét éves, s negyedéves egyetemi hallgató, jogot tanul. A feleségem nyelvtanár, spanyol nyelvet tanít. A feleségemmel Kubában ismerkedtem meg huszonhat évvel ezelőtt. S van egy kutyám is jelenleg, a kutya öt éves, félig rottweiler, félig szibériai husky - nagyon kedves, fekete-fehér, kicsit barna kutyalány. A kutyával magyarul szoktam beszélgetni, jól érti a nyelvet, de sajnos ő nem tud beszélni.

:-)

Szia Maxval
Köszönöm szépen a leveledet.

I've printed it out to read at home (no computer at home) and then I'll reply.

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5138 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 

Message 104 of 1549
15 February 2011 at 1:46pm | IP Logged 
hribecek wrote:
maxval wrote:
Maybe it will be useful if I write answers to your texts, something like a real conversation. I will try to write using simple style. Ask if something is not clear.

Sajnos én sosem jártam a Hawaii-szigeteken, sőt sehol máshol Óceániában. Pedig nagyon érdekel az a térség, még a honlapom is Nauruban van bejegyezve.

Viszont az amerikai földrészen sokat jártam, sőt ott éltem kilenc évet. Három évig Peruban éltem, hat évig pedig Kubában. De voltam egy-egy hetet Kanadában és Mexikóban is.

Mexikóban csak a fővárosban és a piramisoknál jártam. A piramisok nagyon érdekesek voltak. Kanadában voltam Új-Foundlandon, Montrealban, Torontóban és a Niagara-vízesésnél. A Niagara-vízesésénél csak a kanadai oldalon voltam, mert nem volt amerikai vízumom.

Ezen kívül átutazóban voltam még Ecuadorban, Kolumbiában, Venezuelában, Puerto Ricóban és az USÁ-ban. Az USÁ-ban háromszor, de mindig csak a repülőtéren New Yorkban, a repülőtéri tranzitban, amikor Frankfurtból utaztam repülővel Limába.

Egyszer hajóval is utaztam. Havannából Rostockba, 12 nap alatt. Elmentünk a Bahama-szigetek és Bermuda mellett, majd az Azori-szigetek mellett egész a francia partokig, onnan pedig északkelet felé Anglia és Franciaország között a Csatornán, majd Németországig, s a Kieli-csatornán keresztül Rostockig. Azért utaztam hajóval, mert volt három kutyám Kubában, s nem akartam a kutyákat repülőgéppel hazavinni, nehogy nagyon megijedjenek. A hajóút egyébként érdekes volt, bár az Atlanti-óceán közepén nagy hullámok voltak, s nehéz volt aludni éjszaka a folyamatos mozgástól.

Európában is utaztam több országba. A legtöbbet Spanyolországban és Ausztriában voltam. De jártam Franciaországban, Romániában, Görögországban is. Egyszer Angliában is voltam három napot, de csak Londonban. Londonban megnéztem többek között a királyi palotát, a Hyde Parkot, a Parlamentet, Nelson admirális szobrát, a British Museumot, s a Madame Tussauds Múzeumot. A Madame Tussauds Múzeumban nagyon drága volt a belépőjegy.

Legnagyobb régi utazási élményem a Berlini Fal volt, még akkor láttam, amikor még állt. Többször mentem Kelet-Berlinből Nyugat-Berlinbe és vissza. Egyszer két óráig tartott az útlevélellenőrzés Kelet-Berlinben. Nyugat-Berlinben vásároltam egy számítógépet.

S természetesen a legtöbbet két országban éltem: Magyarországon és Bulgáriában. Magyarországon összesen húsz évet, Bulgáriában összesen tizennégy évet töltöttem el. Jelenleg is Bulgáriában élek.

Végül néhány szót magamról. Negyvenhárom éves vagyok, s bár származásom szerint nem vagyok magyar, de mivel Budapesten születtem, a családban magyarul beszéltünk, s magyar iskolába jártam az általános iskola végéig, a magyar az anyanyelvem. Tizenkilenc éves koromban házasodtam, idén lesz a huszonötödik házassági évfordulóm. Van két fiam. A kisebbik tizennégy éves és nyolcadik osztályos. A nagyobbik huszonkét éves, s negyedéves egyetemi hallgató, jogot tanul. A feleségem nyelvtanár, spanyol nyelvet tanít. A feleségemmel Kubában ismerkedtem meg huszonhat évvel ezelőtt. S van egy kutyám is jelenleg, a kutya öt éves, félig rottweiler, félig szibériai husky - nagyon kedves, fekete-fehér, kicsit barna kutyalány. A kutyával magyarul szoktam beszélgetni, jól érti a nyelvet, de sajnos ő nem tud beszélni.

:-)

Szia Maxval
Köszönöm szépen a leveledet.

I've printed it out to read at home (no computer at home) and then I'll reply.

Szia Maxval
A életed nagyon érdekes, érdekes országákban élted és sok helyt láttad. Történeted hajóról kutyákkal nagyon tetszik. Én is szeretem a kutyákat, örülök mert jelent jó ember vagy. Kutyam van is, Max a neve, de hívjük neki Boodynak. Boody/Max tizenharm éves, félig Kolie, félig sok kutya!

Miért Kubában és Peruban élted? Miért Bulgáriába mented? Magyar nyelv után, mi a legerősebb nyelved? És mi a harmadik, negyedik, ötödik nyelved?

I understood the majority of your reply (with the help of a dictionary) but one thing I couldn't understand was why you use the letter S several times? Is it another way of saying 'is' in Hungarian?

This discussion contains 1549 messages over 194 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version