justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4585 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 281 of 314
06 June 2015 at 10:17am | IP Logged 
@yuhakko: Congratulations, that's a great achievement :D Not a problem at all
submitting your sample later than usual. I still haven't finished mine yet, and I
don't suppose I'll be able to for this month, unfortunately.

I'm posting this month's challenge today, but keep in my mind, if you still want to
write June's challenge, you're all more than welcome to do so. I'll try to keep it an
easy one for this month since it's almost a week in, and a lot of us have other
responsibilities.

Pick one:

1. Translate a short article into the target language.
2. Write a short post about what interests you in the culture of your target language.

Any length will do. I know it's another writing challenge, and I'll try to change
things up a bit next month, but I figured that these are shorter than, say, reading a
book.

Unless you're all open to a challenge like, spending 5-10 hours this months on either
extensive reading or extensive listening (no dictionary look ups, and actively trying
to get the gist of what you read/listen to.) And the levels depend on where you are
language-wise. So, if you're more comfortable doing children's anime, use that. If you
are into heavy technical lingo, use that. Just try and make it challenging to you so
that you are still learning, without it becoming stressful or a chore. Fun and useful.
That's the whole point.

Let me now what y'all think.

Cheers!

Edited by Woodsei on 06 June 2015 at 10:23am

1 person has voted this message useful

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4390 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 282 of 314
06 June 2015 at 4:55pm | IP Logged 
I've only recently reprised my Japanese studies (more details about why I took a break in my log) so I'll skip this month's challenge, and probably some of the future challenges as well since my level is too low.

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4585 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 283 of 314
06 June 2015 at 7:16pm | IP Logged 
That's fine, Sophia! I myself am not doing any studying currently, not until late July,
anyway, because of tests and other commitments.

If you think the challenges are too difficult, what would you suggest that would be more
simple for you? It's all to easy to forget how difficult things were as a beginner.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4954 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 284 of 314
06 June 2015 at 11:55pm | IP Logged 
Woodsei, I still can't play those specific videos with that specific embedded player. Maybe it has to do with the latest update of Adobe Flash. I found them mirrored at The Confucious Institute's site, except for the weekly review lessons, so I'll have to do with that.

I'm not having enough time lately for working on output challenges, maybe when I finish the SC...I believe my Mandarin now is slighly better than a few months ago and thus would make output challenges (theoretically) easier, so I want to give these a try asap.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4954 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 285 of 314
09 June 2015 at 11:43pm | IP Logged 
June Challenge

开始学中文的时候,我不太有兴趣中国文化。 我从来不是像一个宅男或者一个对东亚文化的 狂热爱好者一样。还有许都其他语言我在学习 或者想学习。事实上,我开始学汉语时因为我 以为中文将对我生涯有很多效用。
我职业生涯还没用过汉语,可是现在我对中国 文化非常感兴趣。在过去三年我读了很多书, 也看了很多关于中国文化和地理的电视节目。 我真的想去中国!我的汉语还不太好,可是我 觉得我已经能跟普通人关于游客的情况说话。 我也对古典文学有兴趣,可是这是一个在将来 的问题.

When I started learning Chinese I wasn't very much interested into the Chinese culture. I have never been like an otaku or an aficionado of the East Asian culture. I am learning or want to many other languages. To tell the truth, when I started Chinese I assumed it would be useful to my career.

I still haven't used Chinese in my professional life, but now I am very interested in the Chinese culture. In the past three years i've read a lot of books and also watched a lot of TV programs about the Chinese culture and geography. I really want to go to China! My Chinese isn't very good yet, but I think I can already talk to the ordinary person about tourist issues. I'm also interested in the classical literature, but that is an issue for the future.

At italki in case there are formatting issues here.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5653 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 286 of 314
10 June 2015 at 11:43am | IP Logged 
Expugnator, 我们基本上一件事情感兴趣。 也可以说一件事情有兴趣 (说没有兴趣也行)。 我也会这么说: “还有许多我在学习或者想学习的语言”, 但不知道这样是不是对的。 如果你想说从三年以前直到现在, 可以用这样的说法 “这三年以来“。

我觉得我的情况和你的差不多, 我刚开始学习汉语的原因不是为了看电视剧和 漫画, 但是我慢慢地对中国文化越来越感兴趣。 我还是觉得我汉语很烂, 但至少我现在可以用它来聊天,如果有字幕也 可以看电视剧。 我倒是觉得我从来不会看懂中国文学。 如果你有机会的话, 很欢迎你来中国找我玩 :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4954 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 287 of 314
10 June 2015 at 11:36pm | IP Logged 
谢谢你,Crush 。我很感谢你的帮助。到底这段被我写的款不 太坏。我收到了两份更正,是中国女人 的做的。

Edited by Expugnator on 10 June 2015 at 11:39pm

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5653 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 288 of 314
11 June 2015 at 7:07am | IP Logged 
没事,应该的 :) 你的中文越来越好,恭喜你! 我也不知道为什么, 但好像学中文进步很慢。 说实话我认为中文不是一门特别难的语言, 它的语法比较简单, 可能最麻烦的就是词汇, 还有有时候我不太清楚一个词在什么情况下可 以用。 现在过了这么多年,我还是觉得我说汉语说得 不自然,不流利。

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 314 messages over 40 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version