United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4584 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 289 of 314
13 June 2015 at 12:27am | IP Logged 
Thank you, Expug, for posting your challenge. I am able to play the videos when I click
the link that takes me to playlist page, and not on the page itself. It's odd, but may be
has to do with the Adobe upgrades. Not sure.
1 person has voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4953 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 290 of 314
13 June 2015 at 2:56am | IP Logged 
I still don't get it Woodsei. What do you mean with the playlist? When I go to the main course page I see the list of lessons and that would bring me to the same lesson page I posted here. How do I access such playlist?

Perhaps you could take a screenshot?

Edited by Expugnator on 13 June 2015 at 2:57am

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4389 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 291 of 314
15 June 2015 at 12:25am | IP Logged 
Woodsei wrote:
It's all to easy to forget how difficult things were as a beginner.

Don't worry, it's hard to come up with challenges when learners levels range from absolute beginners to advanced.

I think the easiest thing is to study x minutes every day or, for those who use podcasts/books/etc… cover x amount of material, say study two new units per week or listen to three podcasts. Learning x new words could also work, although it's a method that doesn't really suits me. That's all I can think of at the moment :)

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4660 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 292 of 314
15 June 2015 at 2:16am | IP Logged 
Here's my entry for the June challenge. Due to the miserable state of my Japanese, I
decided to trasnalte an article from Nachrichtenleicht.de, which is sort of the German
equivalent to NHK Easy.

Link to entry (and a link to the
original text)

Since that website may break down at times (it's hosted on my brother's old-ish HP
laptop), here's the entry with HTLAL's own quirks (randomly added spaces and
"diamonds") applied to it:

Quote:
ギリシャの放送協会ERT再開

ギリシャにはERTという放送協会は帰りま した。二年前、国会はERTを閉鎖しました 。あの決断に抗議活動
が起こされた。
 ギリシャの国会は金を止めるべきです。そ して、二年前ERTを閉鎖するを決断しては いけません。翌日、最
早に放送しませんでした。
 多い人々はあれに逆らいました。その上、 あの放送協会の記者は金をもらいまして、仕 事で続きまして、ネッ
トに番組を放送しました。
 国外の人々も「ERTは必要です、人は良 質の情報が要ります」と言いました。ERT は私立会社か政党
に属しなくて、中和です。6月11日以来、 ツィプラス首相の新政府のお陰で、改めて放 送します。ギリシャ人
各人はそれに3ユーロの受信料を払わなくて いけません。ERTは「ギリシャのラジオと テレビ」の意味がある
略です。

Edited by stifa on 15 June 2015 at 2:23am

Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4136 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 293 of 314
03 July 2015 at 4:53pm | IP Logged 
My puny attempt at the June challenge. I chose to translate the first paragraph of the English Wikipedia article on
the Jimi Hendrix song I chose my "nickname" after: Ezy Ryder. As
usual, I am late, and I tried to jot down a rough draft by hand first. Conclusion - I cannot handwrite in Chinese
any more (or rather, even less than before).

Ezy Ryder(或稱Slow與Lullaby for the Summer)是一首被推出在美國人搖滾樂家Jimi Hendrix第一張死後專輯The Cry of Love(1971
年)。撰寫而創作被他, 聽說歌詞靈感來自同名的電影他已經給了If 6 Was 9。

Anya
Pentaglot
France
Joined 5580 days ago

636 posts - 708 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, FrenchC1, English, Italian, Spanish
Studies: German, Japanese, Hungarian, Sanskrit, Portuguese, Turkish, Mandarin
Studies: Ancient Greek, Hindi

Message 294 of 314
03 July 2015 at 10:49pm | IP Logged 
Here is my poor output: I started to translate an article about Malta.

滩 和 历史中间。
“Gozo 島 荒野 是”。Nicolas, 25 歲,说. 去年 他 參觀 馬爾他 了。

"Between beaches of dream and millennial history"
“This island remain wild.”That’s how Nicolas, 25 years old, describe Gozo islend. Last year he visited Malta...

Edited by Anya on 03 July 2015 at 10:50pm

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4584 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 

Message 295 of 314
07 July 2015 at 2:17pm | IP Logged 
Hi folks!

First of all, thank you all so much for posting your entries. I'll sort through them
and put them in the appropriate lists (June challenge, May, etc.).

I have been drowning in a sea of endless texts for exam season. It's still not over,
but my next deadline is still a number of months away, so now I can get back to
maintaining the team thread and checking where everyone's at. It would be great if
everyone came together here on the thread and posted a mid-year summary of their
progress (or lack, thereof), any plan changes, your thoughts, and how you are all
doing. I do know a couple of members here have some exciting things going on, and
everyone's welcome to share! I'd ideally like to get back to studying, but even if I
do, it's going to be at a snail's pace, and I don't expect to get much done language-
wise for the greater part of the remaining 6 months. But something is better than
nothing, and I really do miss my Japanese. I'll be juggling a number of projects in
addition to my step prep, so I'll approach languages in a very, very loose way.

I'll try my best to finish my resources posts (yes, it's woefully shameful that I have
not finished that yet) and of course, will hopefully try and see where everyone's at.
Bump the thread and let me know how things are going!

Alright, I'll post again soon.

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4584 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 

Message 296 of 314
23 July 2015 at 11:24pm | IP Logged 
Hey evryone,

Just a quick update. I'm hoping everyone is checking the thread! As you all probably
know, the forum's domain expired and was up for sale OVER the past week. Thankfully
the admin was able to bring it back, but this incident, and "The Week That Never Was"
have really prompted me to consider setting up an alternative thread over at the .org
site temporarily, at least until the issue with the fate of HTLAL is resolved. I'm not
sure what is going on, and people seem to be having some heated discussions over at
the thread discussing HTLAL's future, but with the buggy software, and the multiple
incidents, I think it would be a good idea to have a temporary place for the team to
meet. I guess what I'll do is post our member names, and resources, and then link to
it here so you all know where to go in case this goes offline again. I don't think we
need to worry much and we can keep posting here. It's just an emergency meeting place
if this happens again, which I sincerely hope it doesn't.

Where have you all gone?! I'll put in the effort to visit the individual threads to
check on everyone. In the meantime, if you see this, I'd like you all to let me know
if you're still active with the TAC, and how you're all progressing. Just a quick
update will do.

Also, starting August, I'll start putting up team tasks/challenges as a way to all
reignite our learning (if some of us aren't) and to reconnect again here. I think the
next one will involve describing a picture, or writing a story using the picture as a
prompt. It can be however long or short you want it to be, so no restrictions or
limitations.

Ok, hope to hear from you all soon.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 314 messages over 40 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version