Bilingual Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4453 days ago

1185 posts - 1513 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian*, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 193 of 314
11 February 2015 at 12:38am | IP Logged 
As I'm here anyway, I think I'll memorise a drama or anime theme song for the february
challenge.

I'll have to go back and listen to a few and see which one I think I'd like to learn.

1 person has voted this message useful

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4585 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 194 of 314
11 February 2015 at 12:38am | IP Logged 
@Warp3: Yeah, I know, I'm not a big fan of the site either, but really, that was the only
thing that gave options above the others. Rikaikun can be a bit buggy at times and give
single character readings, but it mostly always gives the full kana readings. You can
still type the romanizations in your IME through...And of course, there's always Anki.

I'm confused myself as to why people don't include kana with kanji, as that would be more
intuitive, but oh well.

@TheRealCZ: Wow, 4 songs is ambitious, I look forward to seeing how that works for you. I
do think it's doable, though, so good luck!

kraemder
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4972 days ago

1497 posts - 1648 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Spanish, Japanese

Message 195 of 314
11 February 2015 at 4:07am | IP Logged 
I'm up for the challenge. I'm goin to try for a whole song but we'll see. I haven't tried to learn a Japanese song
in a while so hopefully it'll be easier than I remember.

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5323 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 196 of 314
11 February 2015 at 4:39am | IP Logged 
I think CZ is onto something with the "slower songs" idea. A big part of the reason i have
trouble memorizing rap breaks is because they tend to be so fast that I don't get the
same level of reinforcement from repeated listening as I do from the rest of the song. In
fact, after going through a few songs this evening, I'm starting to lean toward something
more like 송지은's 쳐다보지마 over the two faster songs I mentioned previously. I did
confirm that 4TEN's Tornado is out for this particular challenge as there is too much fast-
paced rap in it for me to solidly grasp in the allocated time. Fiestar's 하나 더 is still a
possibility, though. It has a rap section, but the rap itself is 100% English so that
doesn't really add any difficulty to the song as a whole.

For Japanese, I've settled on the main chorus of SKE48's 強き者よ. I've created a
Japanese lyrics deck and have the main chorus entered as cloze deletion cards with full
furigana. If that goes more smoothly than expected, I may also add the alternate chorus
and/or intro (both of which share some lines with the main chorus), but I won't be diving
into the verses for this challenge.

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4585 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 197 of 314
11 February 2015 at 5:03am | IP Logged 
I'm joining with 1 full song for Japanese, flumpool's HaruKaze 春風. If I can do more,
I'll add to it, but it's better to aim low for now, and work my way up if I can handle
more.

Edited by Woodsei on 11 February 2015 at 5:07am

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5323 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 198 of 314
11 February 2015 at 5:46am | IP Logged 
After more comparison of the two songs, I'm going with Song Ji-eun rather than Fiestar for my Korean challenge and it will be for the full song.

For those not familiar with the songs I've chosen:
SKE48 - 強き者よ
송지은 - 쳐다보지마

I just now watched the PV for SKE48's song for the first time when finding that link. They really put zero effort into making that video, didn't they?
It's just their normal stage performance in what looks like an airplane hangar or warehouse with occasional solo member shots thrown in here and
there.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4137 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 199 of 314
11 February 2015 at 6:02pm | IP Logged 
For Chinese I've chosen 崔健's (Cui Jian) 從頭再來(Congtouzailai), as played at the Tian'anmen Square in 1989 (I didn't choose the album version, because I'm not a fan of synthesizers).
For Japanese, I originally thought about ザ・スパイダース's (The Spiders) なればいい, but I'd need to tune my guitar to Eb just for this song. So I've decided on a simplified version of 憂歌団's (Yuukadan)
おそうじオバチャン (Osoujiobachan). Which doesn't require re-tuning and is a bit easier to sing while playing.

Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4137 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 200 of 314
12 February 2015 at 1:20pm | IP Logged 
Sorry for double-posting, but I finished this month's challenge for Japanese. Chinese shouldn't
take much longer.
link

This discussion contains 314 messages over 40 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version