United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5324 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 97 of 314
08 January 2015 at 12:57am | IP Logged 
I've mentioned Gaki no Tsukai a few times in my log recently, so I assume it was me you
meant. I've watched several of the yearly batsu games so far. They are very entertaining
but also insanely long for the later ones (the newest ones I've watched were 5 hours each).
The newest yearly batsu game I've seen was the 2011 episode at the airport because that
was the newest one from the English-subbed pack that I have. I had assumed there were
newer ones out there but hadn't actively sought them out yet. In fact, I watched so many of
them for a while there I started to burn out on them so I switched back to other shows for a
bit. A few of the celebrities I recognized from being referenced on and/or appearing on
AKBINGO! but most of the celebrities in the cameo appearances were completely unfamiliar
to me.

Edited by Warp3 on 08 January 2015 at 12:59am

1 person has voted this message useful

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4586 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 98 of 314
08 January 2015 at 4:13am | IP Logged 
Welcome to the thread, finally, Yuhakko! Hope all's well with school and all. I'll add your link to the first post. And thanks for the sites! I'm sure they'll be put to good use by our teammates here.

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4586 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 

Message 99 of 314
08 January 2015 at 4:16am | IP Logged 
I had no idea you could widen the text box. This is amazing. And here I was for 3 years thinking something was wrong with my browser :s Thanks, dampingwire. Now let's see if this is going to make
linking any easier...

Edited by Woodsei on 08 January 2015 at 4:16am

yuhakko
Tetraglot
FranceRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4421 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 
Speaks: French*, EnglishB2, EnglishC2, Spanish, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Norwegian, Mandarin

Message 100 of 314
08 January 2015 at 9:04am | IP Logged 
@Warp3: Ah yes, it was you indeed. Well to tell you the truth, when I watched all those Batsu game in 2013, I had never seen most of the celebrities
taking part in it but since then, I've seen some of them pop up here and there in other shows and what not.

@Woodsei: Thanks! I don't remember exactly but was I supposed to put a link to my log in the official TAC thread as well?

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4633 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 101 of 314
08 January 2015 at 12:51pm | IP Logged 
yuhakko wrote:
@Woodsei: Thanks! I don't remember exactly but was I supposed to put a link to my log in the official TAC thread as well?

Not necessary, I already saw your link here and added it to the roster in the Official Thread.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4586 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 

Message 102 of 314
09 January 2015 at 12:01am | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:
yuhakko wrote:

Not necessary, I already saw your link here and added it to the roster in the Official Thread.

Thanks for taking care of that Josquin.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Rem
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 3546 days ago

66 posts - 96 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Mandarin, Czech, French

Message 103 of 314
11 January 2015 at 6:42pm | IP Logged 
I was wondering whether any of the Mandarin learners here have experience of the HSK
exams?

I’ll probably have to take one later on in my course, so I was thinking about trying one
beforehand to see what they were like. Any hints/tips/suggestions would be welcome. :)

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4586 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 

Message 104 of 314
11 January 2015 at 7:39pm | IP Logged 
I'd like to second Rem on this one. I believe it would worth a bit of our time in sharing some
of the resources we used, or would like to use, and some tips and advice on what we've done,
or if we would have done things differently. I have a lot to post for Japanese, but I'm not
yet learning Korean, Mandarin, or Cantonese, so what I know is fairly limited. I'm hoping the
thread will be representative of all of these languages, not just Japanese.

So help me out :)

This discussion contains 314 messages over 40 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version