Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Josquin’s Language Symphony (RU, IR, 東亜)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
646 messages over 81 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 ... 80 81 Next >>
Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4961 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 377 of 646
07 April 2013 at 11:42pm | IP Logged 
You're right, Josquin, the Georgian verbal system is quite alien. At least the case
system is much more straightforward. We don't have to worry about cases with dealing with
numbers, for example, unlike in Gaelic and Russian. The number is just declined as an
adjective followed by the noun in whenever case. As for the verbs themselves, there's
pluripersonality and a high degree of variability regarding moods, like, the same tense
may be used in a wide range of moods and it's a bit difficult to know exactly which tense
to use in moods like subjunctive and conditional.
1 person has voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4639 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 378 of 646
08 April 2013 at 6:33pm | IP Logged 
Well, that indeed sounds a bit scary. Georgian does fascinate me, so I might give it a shot some day, but at the moment, Gaelic and Japanese are more than enough.

Other than that: The Russian mail has finally managed to deliver the grammar book I ordered six and a half weeks ago! It's unbelievable! The next time I order something from Russia, I will order as many books at possible at the same time, so the wait (and the 10 € postage) will be worth it.

So now, I'm the proud owner of Грамматика русского языка в упражнениях и комментариях. I hope the book was worth its money and the long wait.

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4851 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 379 of 646
08 April 2013 at 8:06pm | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:

Русский

Во-первых, мне немного жаль, но на этой неделе я не очень много занимался русским
языком. Я не брал (не взял) словарь с собой, когда навещал свою семью на Пасху, поэтому
я не мог смотреть неизвестные слова и вводить их в Анки. К тому же, я не слушал мои
(свои) подкасты, но надеюсь, что на следующей неделе я буду больше заниматься русским
языком. Вчера и сегодня я уже ввёл много слов в Анки. Когда закончу это, я должен буду
заниматься четвёртым текстом из моей книги, который будет о русских суевериях. Я его
уже прочитал, но я ещё должен выучить новые слова.

[First of all, I'm a bit sorry, but I haven't studied much Russian this week. I didn't
take my dictionary with me, when I visited my family over Easter, so I couldn't look up
the unknown words and enter them into Anki. Furthermore, I didn't listen to my podcasts
either, but I hope that I will occupy myself more with Russian next week. I already
entered many words into Anki yesterday and today. When I have finished that, I will
have to deal with the fourth text from my book, which is about Russian superstitions. I
have already read it, but I still have to learn the new words.]

"Когда навестил" значит "После того как навестил". Что такое "подкасты"? (Я не против
этого слова, но не очень его понимаю).
2 persons have voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4639 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 380 of 646
08 April 2013 at 8:53pm | IP Logged 
Спасибо, как всегда очень полезно! Не могу объяснять "подкаст" на русском языке, поэтому напишу на английском.

A podcast is a series of audio clips about various themes that you can download from the Internet and listen to on your iPod, your MP3 player, or your computer. Usually, the script of the podcast is available, too, so you can read the text while listening, which is enormously useful for practising your oral comprehension and your pronunciation. The podcasts from Russian Podcast are about everyday topics, while Radio Эхо Москвы offers its regular broadcasts as podcasts. So I can practise my Russian with current texts about Russian society, politics, and so on.

One question: What about the corrections in brackets? Are they optional?

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4851 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 381 of 646
08 April 2013 at 9:06pm | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:
Спасибо, как всегда очень полезно! Не могу объяснить "подкаст" на
русском языке, поэтому напишу на английском. (Объяснять вы можете)

A podcast is a series of audio clips about various themes that you can download from
the Internet and listen to on your iPod, your MP3 player, or your computer. Usually,
the script of the podcast is available, too, so you can read the text while listening,
which is enormously useful for practising your oral comprehension and your
pronunciation. The podcasts from Russian Podcast are about everyday topics, while Radio
Эхо Москвы offers its regular broadcasts as podcasts. So I can practise my Russian with
current texts about Russian society, politics, and so on.

One question: What about the corrections in brackets? Are they optional?

Yes, they are. The choice between не брал/не взял depends on whether you did it
intentionaly or not. Or whether you hesitated about taking it.
Thank you for the explanation of the word "podcast".
2 persons have voted this message useful

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4592 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 382 of 646
09 April 2013 at 6:29pm | IP Logged 
Your log is incredible :) You see to have taken huge strides in a fair amount of time,so
keep it up! I enjoy following your progress and getting fired up to study more.

Good luck there with everything else going on on the career front!

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4639 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 383 of 646
09 April 2013 at 11:13pm | IP Logged 
Thanks so much, Woodsei! I'm glad you like my log. :)

Good to hear that it also inspires your own language studies! I think getting inspiration from your teammates is what the whole TAC thing is about, isn't it?

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4592 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 384 of 646
13 April 2013 at 11:35pm | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:
Thanks so much, Woodsei! I'm glad you like my log. :)

Good to hear that it also inspires your own language studies! I think getting inspiration
from your teammates is what the whole TAC thing is about, isn't it?

Definitely! I had a Colloquial Russian drowning somewhere around my resource collection,
and I'm thinking it isn't a bad idea at all to use some of these texts for furthering my
Russian studies. So thanks for sharing your experiences, very useful!

Keep it up :)

This discussion contains 646 messages over 81 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version