Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4030 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 161 of 225
29 March 2015 at 12:54pm | IP Logged 
I'll arrange the February-March challenge results later, but right now I want to start the April challenge - a bit early, but since the tech problems have jumbled it all it's even better to start earlier.

So, I am a bit inspired by the Output challenge. Not that inspired to join myself, but enough to create a wave to cover you all. So I suggest you to sing a song in German.
I understand it's not that everyone can do, and I think you can read something aloud instead. But it would be so much fun to hear all the different voices singing in German :)
Musical hearing, rhythm, great singing voice - not required (but I think we can discover a star or a few here xD).
I suggest uploading songs on Google Drive or anywhere else they are easy enough to get to and not likely to disappear due to copyrights/expiring or something.

Attaching lyrics to the song is a mandatory though.

So, don't be shy, afraid or anything else! If you're not satisfied, try again, compare the recordings separated by weeks, take different songs (oh, by the way, yeah, the number of songs or attempts is not important be it 1 or 11).
It would also be really great if we all sing one song and then mixed it into one. Aww!

As your team leader (with AWFUL abilities of singing) I am obliged to start the whole thing. And so here you go:
Untoten - Mit den Augen der Nacht lyrics YouTube
challenge version 1
Die Ärzte - Jag älskar Sverige! (not without mistakes, but still) lyrics YouTube
challenge version 1
Samsas Traum - Die Stunde Null lyrics YouTube (the only version available, eh)
challenge version 1

Edited by Via Diva on 29 March 2015 at 12:55pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4030 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 162 of 225
01 May 2015 at 11:26am | IP Logged 
Alright, that was probably a bad way to conduct the monthly challenge.
Seeing that my abilities to hold a team together aren't exactly great I offer easy but demanding challenge - the May consistency challenge.
Pick a task and do it every day, and write regularly about your progress on that task.

For example, I pick two tasks: reading a chapter of a book in German and making something in Duolingo.

The challenge is harsh - if you have missed one day you fail it. Or you can make it up with thrice the amount of work you usually manage to do.
In case if posting regularly in a log is complicated, you need more motivation or anything else - sign up for 6WC around here.

Start as soon as possible and hold on for 31 days - even if you can't start today, don't be afraid to borrow days in June.

An advice to novices/ struggling - pick a task which you find to be hard to do. Statistically speaking it's likely that after 21 days everything has a very high chance of becoming a habit. Tame the monster!
3 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6393 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 163 of 225
08 May 2015 at 7:05pm | IP Logged 
Oops I didn't see the challenge until now :/ what to do...

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4030 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 164 of 225
08 May 2015 at 7:20pm | IP Logged 
Like I've said, start as soon as possible :)

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4398 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 165 of 225
11 May 2015 at 12:01am | IP Logged 
Whoops…I too missed the challenge begin. I'm trying to improve my vocabulary so I believe the best activity I can do on a daily basis is Anki revisions.

I will also listen to/read Deutsche Welle's Top-Thema podcast, but that will probably happen only once or twice a week. The last time I tried to massively learn new words I ended up adding too many of them to my Anki deck and eventually failed. This time I'm planning to go at a slower pace, hopefully it will work :)

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4805 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 166 of 225
11 May 2015 at 12:34am | IP Logged 
I missed a few challenges it seems. But I already understand the stories written by
others! WIth just a word looked up here and there. It looks like part of the team signed
up for the 6wc with German and we are not doing bad at all!

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4431 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Italian
Studies: German, Norwegian

Message 167 of 225
17 May 2015 at 3:16pm | IP Logged 
Sorry guys, just a quick word to tell you I'm dropping out, for several reasons (too much pressure, too little
time, as well as a few health problems, and other projects on the backburner). But I'll keep an eye on your
logs anyway :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4030 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 168 of 225
17 May 2015 at 4:39pm | IP Logged 
Ah, that is sad. Good to know that you plan on following our logs though. Usually people drop off completely, not saying a single word.

This discussion contains 225 messages over 29 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version