Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4510 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 25 of 134
02 January 2015 at 10:28pm | IP Logged 
Hey guys, I forgot to mention that I'll be using my old log, which can be found here.
1 person has voted this message useful

Micha
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4160 days ago

26 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: German*, English, DutchC1
Studies: Russian

Message 26 of 134
03 January 2015 at 1:54am | IP Logged 
Should I attempt to write my introduction in Russian, even when I know it is going to be full of mistakes?

Or should I get it corrected first on 8lang?

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4502 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 27 of 134
03 January 2015 at 9:26am | IP Logged 
I don't think it matters, but the corrections sure won't hurt.

Micha
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4160 days ago

26 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: German*, English, DutchC1
Studies: Russian

Message 28 of 134
03 January 2015 at 2:14pm | IP Logged 
I guess it could be fun to have those attempts documented in one thread to look back on after one year. (Instead of only posting the polished version) On the other hand we don't have a native speaker ready to make corrections here.

real-time edit: As I'm writing this I have the idea to get corrections from 8lang first and then posting both versions.

Sounds good?

milesaway
Triglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4126 days ago

134 posts - 181 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, Russian
Studies: Finnish, Sign Language

Message 29 of 134
03 January 2015 at 4:48pm | IP Logged 
Hi everyone!
I'd like to join again this year, if you'll have me. I fell off the face of the Earth in
September after running into a string of health problems. I have continued my reading
progress in the Super Challenge, but I ignored my log.
Cheers!

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4961 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 30 of 134
03 January 2015 at 6:07pm | IP Logged 
You have my sincere wishes that everything happens for the better in your family, Cristina. Sounds like a unique moment!

@milesaway : best recover, hope you can have a rewarding year language-wise and sport-wise too.

Now for the January Challenge:

привет. меня зовут Экспугнатор. уже 3 лет изучаю русский язык, но еще ничто не могу сказать по-русски. Действительно надеюсь, что в 2015 году я могу сделать некоторый прогресс, потому что моя ситуация ужасна. Удачи всем!

Hi. My name is Expugnator. It's been already 3 years that I've been studying Russian, but I still can't say anything in Russian. I really hope in 2015 I can make some progress, since my situation is terrifying. Good luck, everyone!

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4639 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 31 of 134
03 January 2015 at 6:41pm | IP Logged 
Welcome to the team, milesaway! Having dealt with some health issues myself, you have my full sympathies. I hope you have recovered by now.

@Micha: You can make as many errors as you need to. You don't have to deliver perfect, idiomatic Russian. I often post texts paralelly on HTLAL and on lang-8, so I get the maximal number of corrections.

@Expug: Thanks for your self-introduction! Well done!

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4851 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 32 of 134
03 January 2015 at 6:48pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:

the Christmas mass which starts at 21.00 and ends at 00.30, and which is performed
mostly in Church Slavonic, and where you have to stand for the whole ceremony...

I have always wanted to meet my cousins, I see no reason to continue the family feud, but I have no idea
whether that will turn out to be so emotionally draining that a four hour mass on top of that will be too much
for me. I really look forward to the mass though! I have never attended a Russian Orthodox mass before.

Strictly speaking, you are not allowed to attend the whole mass, but only the beginning, before the words Изыдите, оглашенные. After that it is the Литургия верных, where only Orthodox Cristians are allowed to be present.

This discussion contains 134 messages over 17 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version