Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5129 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 17 of 134
01 January 2015 at 6:09pm | IP Logged 
I have decided to keep my old log, and have just renamed it. It basically contains my whole life in 2014, so in
spite of me normally preferring to start a new year with a clean slate, I simply could not bear to part with it this
time.

The link is here:

Cristina's travels

What would you guys want from the team this year, by the way?

We are incredibly lucky to have Josquin as our team leader , and he did an amazing job suggesting
challenges, hosting Skype conversations and keeping scores of everything last year in spite of -
complications. I suspect he would not mind
some input and suggestions from the members though :-)

Our main task is to be each other's support system, and read and comment in each other's logs. The first
year I did a TAC, I religiously checked out everyone else's log each time I wrote something in my own, but
last year the team was so huge, that I dropped it. It is important that we follow through on that though. You
feel a bit abandoned when the 10 last posts in your thread are your own. :-) When someone is very prolific it
can of course be tough to comment each time, but to at least check in a couple of times a month should be
doable.

I also loved the challenges! They really did challenge me, and for someone who dreads written Russian as
much as I do they are great. I seem to have missed most of the Skype sessions on our last team, but I would
suggest having one fairly soon. They are great for the team spirit!

I also hope this will be the place where we can drop by with favorite songs, books, grammar questions -
whatever we need from each other or want to share. I have not read all the logs yet, so I do not know if there
are any newbies around, but if there are, do not be afraid to ask questions. That is what the rest of us are
here for :-)

Any other things we would like to include? I look forward to seeing you all on my log, and also look forward to
seeing yours. Go team Pushkin!

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 01 January 2015 at 6:10pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5142 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 18 of 134
01 January 2015 at 7:24pm | IP Logged 
Though Russian won’t be a priority for me this year, it’s a little sad to lose track of what you all guys, most of whom are my former teammates, are up to this year. I’ll try to keep an eye on you from the sidelines and, as always, root for your success in 2015!

Epeli
Diglot
Finland
Joined 3654 days ago

6 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: Finnish*, English
Studies: Swedish, German

Message 19 of 134
01 January 2015 at 7:54pm | IP Logged 
Here's the link to my log:

http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.a sp?TID=39845&PN=1

I'm excited to be participating to the TAC in this
team.

Edited by Epeli on 01 January 2015 at 7:58pm

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4961 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 20 of 134
01 January 2015 at 9:11pm | IP Logged 
Please let me know when you visit an orthodox church again, Cristina. Maybe my Russian needs divine intervention =D Really, I hope this year I can finally get my Russian moving. I have ambitious goals at least regarding what benefits such skill of reading Russian will bring.

I promise to post more often at the team thread. Last year it turned out I neglected the Russian team, too, after other teams went moribund, and this wasn't much fair, I should have paid attention that the Russian team was still active. So, I hope to be around and ask for and provide motivation to all my fellow team members. The activity in the team was important to keep me going throughout the year in spite of all difficulties.

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4510 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 21 of 134
02 January 2015 at 1:01am | IP Logged 
Well, you can count me in for one more year! :)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5129 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 22 of 134
02 January 2015 at 1:07am | IP Logged 
fabriciocarraro wrote:
Well, you can count me in for one more year! :)

Yeah!!! Good to see you again! I was getting worried!

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5129 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 23 of 134
02 January 2015 at 8:12am | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
Please let me know when you visit an orthodox church again, Cristina. Maybe my
Russian needs divine intervention =D Really, I hope this year I can finally get my Russian moving. I have
ambitious goals at least regarding what benefits such skill of reading Russian will bring.

I promise to post more often at the team thread. Last year it turned out I neglected the Russian team, too,
after other teams went moribund, and this wasn't much fair, I should have paid attention that the Russian
team was still active. So, I hope to be around and ask for and provide motivation to all my fellow team
members. The activity in the team was important to keep me going throughout the year in spite of all
difficulties.

I have preliminary plans to go to one on Tuesday. I say preliminary, because I will first have a full day's work,
I will then travel to another city with my sister to meet up with my half cousins who I have never met, and who
until last week were blissfully ignorant of the fact that I existed, or that there was a major family feud between
their father and our mother, which made our mother refuse to see them for 40 years. We are then supposed
to go back to Oslo to the Christmas mass which starts at 21.00 and ends at 00.30, and which is performed
mostly in Church Slavonic, and where you have to stand for the whole ceremony...

I have always wanted to meet my cousins, I see no reason to continue the family feud, but I have no idea
whether that will turn out to be so emotionally draining that a four hour mass on top of that will be too much
for me. I really look forward to the mass though! I have never attended a Russian Orthodox mass before.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4639 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 24 of 134
02 January 2015 at 1:06pm | IP Logged 
Всех с Новым годом!

I'm glad to see a vivid mixture of old and new faces on this team. I hope we'll have a productive year.

Good to see you on board, fabriciocarraro! I've added you to the roster.

JANUARY CHALLENGE

Please write a self-introduction of yourself in Russian! Tell us who you are, what you do, and how long you've been studying Russian. Absolute beginners can write a few sentences (Меня зовут..., Мне ... лет, Я живу в..., Я учу русский язык уже...), advanced students should write a more elaborate text.

If you don't know any Russian at all by now, you can write your self-introduction in English!

This discussion contains 134 messages over 17 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version