439 messages over 55 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 ... 54 55 Next >>
tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4498 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 233 of 439
23 May 2013 at 11:47am | IP Logged 
And then there are the rules for word order (accords when a COD is placed before the
subject) and so on, or having to say "J'aime beaucoup ça", etc. This is important in
French whereas word order in Latin was, well, anything. Or not anything, but a lot, and a
whole lot more free than French (and even freer than Russian I should think?).

It helps that there are no cases, but there's always something that demands time.
Fortunately I have had time to spend on French, so in the case of French I have had
enough practice to internalise most of it. (I don't speak Spanish/Portuguese/Italian).
1 person has voted this message useful

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4506 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 234 of 439
28 May 2013 at 5:53pm | IP Logged 
РУССКИЙ:

С каким идолом вы хотели бы встретиться?

Я хотел бы встретиться с Айртоном Сенной. Если вы его не знаете, по-моему он был самым лучшим автогонщиком всех времен, безусловно самым лучшим бразильцем. К сожалению, он погиб в 1994ом году, из-за аварии во время гонок. Он не был только автогонщиком, но также прекрасным человеком, который полностью посвящал себя тому, что он делал.

Я был мальчиком когда он погиб, но я ещё помню подробно как я каждое восскресенье вставал рано, чтобы смотреть Сенну. Почти все в Бразилии тоже это делали, потому что он был национальным идолом.

Он выиграл три чемпионата мира Формула-1, и в каждом интервью, которое он давал, говорил он о преданности, о силе воли, о честности и о любви к тому, что вы делаете и к другим людям. Он - мой самый большой идол.

Он был без всякого сомнения примером всем, и я очень хотел бы смочь с ним встретиться и разговоривать.

В 2011ом году вышел в прокат прекрасный британский документальный фильм о нём, потому, если кто-нибудь больше хочет знать о нём, вы должны его смотреть!

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4847 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 235 of 439
28 May 2013 at 8:17pm | IP Logged 
fabriciocarraro wrote:
РУССКИЙ:

С каким идолом вы хотели бы встретиться?

Я хотел бы встретиться с Айртоном Сенной. Если вы его не знаете, то я скажу, что, по-
моему, он был самым лучшим автогонщиком всех времен, безусловно, самым лучшим
бразильцем (из бразильцев). К сожалению, он погиб в 1994ом году из-за аварии во время
гонок. Он был не только автогонщиком, но и прекрасным человеком, который полностью
посвящал себя тому, что (он) делал.

Я был еще мальчиком, когда он погиб, но я ещё помню подробно, как я каждое воскресенье
вставал рано, чтобы смотреть Сенну. Почти все в Бразилии делали то же самое, потому что
он был национальным идолом (героем).

Он выиграл три чемпионата мира Формула-1, и в каждом интервью, которое он давал, он
говорил о преданности, о силе воли, о честности и о любви к тому, что вы делаете и к
другим людям. Он - мой самый большой идол.

Он был без всякого сомнения примером всем, и я очень хотел бы смочь с ним встретиться и
поговорить.

В 2011ом году вышел в прокат прекрасный британский документальный фильм о нём, потому,
если кто-нибудь больше хочет знать о нём, вы должны его посмотреть!

Слово "идол" здесь как-то неуместно. Идол - это изображение, которому поклоняются.
В целом, очень хороший текст.
2 persons have voted this message useful

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4506 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 236 of 439
30 May 2013 at 8:12pm | IP Logged 
РУССКИЙ:

It's been 2 weeks already since my last lesson with my Italki teacher, but on the other hand my wife's girlfriend is still here in Brazil. We went to a Brazilian "churrascaria" (if you don't know what it is, you should! =P) and she slept by us 2 days in a row, so my life turned to Russian when I wasn't at work or alone with my wife.
I can say that it's better now than before, even if I still have a lot of problems understanding her. She speaks goddamn f-a-s-t and eating a lot of letters, so that makes it harder for me, but still, I managed to talk to her 99% of the time in Russian, so that's gotta count some XP for me =)

FRANÇAIS:

O Novo Francês Sem Esforço - Leçons 84-91:

Wow, I'm almost finishing the passive wave! One more week and I'll be done with it.
This passive block was overall a little harder than the last one, especially when they put idioms and expressions. My listening compreehension was ok.
The active phase was also a little harder, I had trouble remembering words like "haricots", "ouvreuse", "pourboire", "bijoux", but nothing really important (go say that to my wife =P).
The review lesson was nice, focusing on word order, particles "en" and "y" again and pronouns like "moi-même".
Just one thing. On lesson 89 or 90 they introduced a way to form questions in French, with "a-t-il", like "Quand le Tour de France, a-t-il été créé?". @Tarvos has already explained it to me, but that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. The subject is already there! Why repeat it!? The French.... =P

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4957 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 237 of 439
30 May 2013 at 9:52pm | IP Logged 
It's no dumbest than mesóclise (only that it is used quite often in written language,
even if avoided in normal spoken French word order). This t is just euphonic, so, you get
'avez-vous' but 'a-t-il' just for keeping French the CVCV way they seem to love.

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4506 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 238 of 439
30 May 2013 at 9:56pm | IP Logged 
I have no problem with the "t" itself, but with the doubling the subject thing. I understand that all sentences must have a subject and that's with they put "il" or "ce" in other cases, but in this case the sentence already has a subject right before it!
Mesóclise is also idiotic.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4498 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 239 of 439
30 May 2013 at 9:57pm | IP Logged 
It's not the t, but the subject repetition. And that, as I remember, has to do with
French rules for word order when you invert subject-verb for a question

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4506 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 240 of 439
05 June 2013 at 4:03pm | IP Logged 
FRANÇAIS:

Guys! Guys! Guys! I've had an actual conversation in French! \o/
Yesterday we had the weekly CouchSurfing meeting here in São Paulo, and there were many francophones there. We were talking mostly in English or Portuguese, but all of the sudden a Frech guy and a Canadian girl started talking in French and I followed them. After that, the French guy went away and I spent about half an hour talking to the Quebecoise girl, all in French! I could understand her quite well, and answer decently. That is such a motivation booster!

Again, I still can't really notice the difference between the accents from France and Quebec. So pointed it out for me in words like "mère" and "pére", but in an actual conversation among them it was almost the same for me. Maybe the Quebecois looked a liiiittle bit more of a Brazilian accent (like a Brazilian speaking French) but I can't really tell for sure.

Anyway, it was great and I hope I'll do it more often, probably on the next meeting! I've also become friends with 2 French guys, so that's gotta help.

This discussion contains 439 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version