souley
Joined 7031 days ago

178 posts - 177 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*
Studies: Arabic (Written), French

Message 1 of 55
04 June 2006 at 9:39am | IP Logged 
السلام عليكم
كنت أريد أن أوجد منتديا لكل من يتكلم او يتعلم اللغة العربية حتي نستطيع من خلاله طرح الأسئلة الموجودة عندنا على بعض, سوى كانت في النحو او في الصرف او حتى في علم المفردات. و أن يساعد بعضنا بعضا. قد يكون البعض بحاجة إلى الكتابة و التنقيح, فيمكننا التحدث في اي موضوع نراه مناسبا و نطلب التصحيح و التنقيح من الأخرين اذا رأينا لذلك حاجة

فأدعو جميع الأعضاء الذين يدرسون اللغة العربية حاليا او لقد سبق لهم الدراسة فيها, إلى المشاركة بقدر الإمكان حتى نجد هذا المنتدي حافلا مثل المنتديات الموجودة باللغات الأخرى في هذا الموقع

مع اطيب التحية   

Translation:

I wanted to create a thread or meeting place for all those who speak or are learning to speak Arabic, so that we can ask eachother any questions we might have, be it in Grammar or Vocabulary. And that we help eachother, some of us might be in need to pratice writing and recieving input and correction. So we can converse in any suitable subject and ask others to correct us, if we feel the need for it.
So I call upon all members who are currently studying Arabic or have studied it before to participate so that this thread becomes as full as the other language threads on this site.

Kind Regards

Edited by souley on 04 June 2006 at 12:39pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Captain Haddock
Diglot
Japan
kanjicabinet.tumblr.
Joined 6558 days ago

2282 posts - 2814 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, Korean, Ancient Greek

Message 2 of 55
04 June 2006 at 10:05am | IP Logged 
Once again, I request that these forums use a standard encoding like UTF-8
so we can read posts like Souley's. :)

patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6805 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 55
04 June 2006 at 10:11am | IP Logged 
I just changed the encoding. However, all posts should be in English as per the rules of the forum, or at least, a translation should be provided.

souley
Joined 7031 days ago

178 posts - 177 votes 

Message 4 of 55
04 June 2006 at 10:12am | IP Logged 
Captain Haddock, I wrote the post in Arabic, but maybe it isnt showing. Have you tried changing the page encoding to Arabic (Windows)?

Darobat
Diglot
Joined 6978 days ago

754 posts - 770 votes 
Speaks: English*, Russian
Studies: Latin

Message 5 of 55
04 June 2006 at 10:13am | IP Logged 
Use Arabic (Windows-1256) to view the post.
(I've always wondered this... For those who speak Arabic, how do you read this post. Arabic is read from right to left, but everything else on this site is left to right. Is the indentation just screwy or do you read it backwards?)

souley
Joined 7031 days ago

178 posts - 177 votes 

Message 6 of 55
04 June 2006 at 10:13am | IP Logged 
patuco wrote:
However, all posts should be in English as per the rules of the forum, or at least, a translation should be provided.

Huh? How do you explain the Swedish thread which goes on for about 8 pages without any translation? I thought it was allowed to discuss in other languages in the Practical Self Study forum.

souley
Joined 7031 days ago

178 posts - 177 votes 

Message 7 of 55
04 June 2006 at 10:15am | IP Logged 
Darobat

There is no problem, when you change the keyboard to Arabic in the Control Panel it just changes direction.

victor
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 7108 days ago

1098 posts - 1056 votes 
6 sounds
Speaks: Cantonese*, English, FrenchC1, Mandarin
Studies: Spanish
Personal Language Map

Message 8 of 55
04 June 2006 at 12:23pm | IP Logged 
souley wrote:
Huh? How do you explain the Swedish thread which goes on for about 8 pages without any translation? I thought it was allowed to discuss in other languages in the Practical Self Study forum.

From what I'm seen so far, they are all identified as "______ thread" (____ being the language), so that some Japanese thread and an Arabic thread don't look the same when they are viewed under the Western European encoding.

In addition, I am sure a lot of people are intersted in your dicussions, so if you choose to, you can include a translation.

Edited by victor on 04 June 2006 at 12:23pm

This discussion contains 55 messages over 7 pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version