Germany
Joined 3635 days ago

36 posts - 67 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Italian, Swedish, Latin
Studies: Russian, Irish, Japanese

Message 129 of 227
06 June 2014 at 8:57pm | IP Logged 
FRIDAY, 06 JUNE 2014

Due to a little misunderstanding I was banned from the forum for about a week, but now I'm finally back and determined to stay for good. I have resumed my duties as Captain of Team Катюша and donated $ 40 to our Admin in order to have the privileges of a Pro Member. Being a Newbie is kind of depressing when you're used to being a Senior Member with 1.800 posts, 1.300 votes, and four shiny goblets under your name. So, now I'm a paying member of this forum and my Newbie existence has been upgraded.

I didn't get to study a lot after returning from the wedding I told you about, but I hope I'll find some time over the weekend. Weather forecast tells us that it's going to be hot in Germany over Whitsun, so I hope I won't melt. Usually, I'm not much of a summer person. I prefer mild spring days and chilly autumn evenings.

Русский

I've done absolutely nothing! Null, nada, niente, ничего!

Gaeilge

I'm still on unit 2 in Gaeilge gan Stró 2. On the bright side, I've completed lesson 13 in Learning Irish.

日本語

I have finished unit 15 in Genki. It was very easy and dealt with the volitional form of verbs. Additionally, there was some more info on adjectival clauses (known as relative clauses in Western languages) and casual speech. Easy peasy!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5122 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 130 of 227
06 June 2014 at 9:32pm | IP Logged 
Good to have you back, Josquin!
1 person has voted this message useful

sctroyenne
Diglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5179 days ago

739 posts - 1312 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Irish

Message 131 of 227
06 June 2014 at 11:32pm | IP Logged 
Lassus wrote:

Gaeilge

I'm still on unit 2 in Gaeilge gan Stró 2. On the bright side, I've completed lesson 13
in Learning Irish.

We're at about at the same place (I've just started making forays into unit 3). And I
haven't worked with Learning Irish in a while but I'm about there as well.

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5344 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 132 of 227
07 June 2014 at 12:21am | IP Logged 
@Lassus
I'm really impressed with your positive attitude throughout all the recent setbacks. Great to have you back, mate!

Lassus
Hexaglot
(formerly Josquin)
Germany
Joined 3635 days ago

36 posts - 67 votes 

Message 133 of 227
07 June 2014 at 4:31pm | IP Logged 
SATURDAY, 07 JUNE 2014

Thanks for your heartfelt welcome, guys!

@Teango: I figured out there are two ways to handle problems: complaining and dealing with them. I think the latter is the better option. Of course, I'd be glad if the Admin decided to reactivate Josquin, but now I'm a Pro Member being Lassus isn't that bad either. The most important thing is being back on the forum with my great team mates!

Русский

I finished unit 8 in Colloquial Russian 2 and started working on unit 9. The texts deal with demographic change in Russia. Also, I plan on watching Кухня with the transcripts leosmith generously provided.

Gaeilge

I finished unit 2 in Gaeilge gan Stró 2 and started working on lesson 14 in Learning Irish. We're finally getting to the point where Ó Siadhail introduces verbal nouns, which allow for sentences with verbs other than bí and is. I hope the endless variations on "Tá mé sásta" and "Tá an bord anseo" are finally nearing their end.

日本語

I didn't feel like Japanese today, so I didn't do anything.

Wanderlust

I'm feeling pretty wanderlusty at the moment, so I went to the university library and borrowed materials for Welsh, Georgian, and Thai. I'm going to have a look at all of them and see if there's potential for studying a new language. Additionally, I also have materials for Mandarin, Korean, Arabic, and Portuguese at home, so I feel a little bit like on Christmas morning right now. The real problem will be deciding on one language though.
3 persons have voted this message useful

liammcg
Ireland
Joined 4392 days ago

269 posts - 397 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 134 of 227
07 June 2014 at 4:39pm | IP Logged 
'Sé do bheatha ar ais!

Lassus
Hexaglot
(formerly Josquin)
Germany
Joined 3635 days ago

36 posts - 67 votes 

Message 135 of 227
07 June 2014 at 6:07pm | IP Logged 
Go raibh maith agat, a chara!

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4632 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 136 of 227
08 June 2014 at 12:37pm | IP Logged 
Hi guys,

I just wanted to inform you that the Admin has reactivated Josquin, so I'm back with my old profile. Of course, this poses questions about my Pro Membership and what do to with the Lassus profile in general, but, anyway, it's good to be back in my old reincarnation.

See you!

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 227 messages over 29 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version