Speaks: English*
Studies: Norwegian

Message 33 of 33
22 October 2012 at 3:09am | IP Logged 
Arekkusu wrote:
jazzboy.bebop wrote:
Ha ha, I think it would take quite a silly and
pedantic atheist to
personally refuse to respond to a sneeze with "bless you".

No, it would take an atheist who is frequently faced with intolerance from religious
people who consider them low life scum that don't deserve to vote. Norway is not the
US.

In that case, I would understand and retract my earlier statement. I wasn't thinking
outside of the context of the general cultural attitudes of the likes of the UK and
Norway. I find it an unsettling thought that atheists can be thought so badly of by
such a high percentage of people in a country. I am lucky to not have to face such
attitudes often, and that I live in a place where you are not expected to be religious
with the amount of aggressive evangelism being minimal.

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 33 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version