United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4373 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Esperanto
Studies: Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian

Message 33 of 48
22 January 2015 at 11:38pm | IP Logged 
Aw, just catching up on the forum and it's cool to see that you have been listening to
some Hladno Pivo :) "Ne volim te" is on my list of songs I want to buy.

Unfortunately I am way too busy at the moment to commit to the challenge but I'm looking
forward to signing up later in the year when I have more time. I am compiling a list of
ex-Yugoslav rock bands that I want to try listening to in the hope of expanding my
musical tastes slightly.

A link which might be worth adding to the resources post is
Lyrics Translate. Some of the translations on
there are quite primitive but I have found it useful sometimes when I've been really
confused with the meaning of certain words in a song and Google Translate hasn't helped.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4024 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 34 of 48
24 January 2015 at 4:27am | IP Logged 
This week's album is Agalloch - Pale Folklore (8 or 6, depends on who's counting) tracks, a bit
more than 60 minutes length).
I was told that they are cool repeatedly by different people, so getting to listen to them was merely a question
of time, which I now have loads of.
Really, I can go for one album per day challenge haha.
Anyway, back to the album: three songs from it are going to end up on my phone. This is not your average
case, my phone's SD-card is full of data, I had to delete everything of Dream Theater (still the most-
scrobbled band of mine on last.fm!) in order to free some space in September, and soon it was full again with
no room for them. Eh...
3 persons have voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4699 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 35 of 48
24 January 2015 at 9:04pm | IP Logged 
This week's album: Tous les garçons et les filles, by Françoise Hardy (1962- French) Also just known by the title Françoise Hardy. I've listened to "Comment te dire adieu ?" (1968) a lot of times, and really enjoyed it, so I thought I'd try another one. It's okay, but disappointing by comparison.

w/b 18 Jan-> album: album: Tous les garçons et les filles, by Françoise Hardy (1962- French)

w/b 04 Jan-> album: Aubert chante Houellebecq, Les parages du vide, by Jean-Louis Aubert. (2014- French)
w/b 11 Jan-> album: L'embellie, by Calogero. (2009- French +1 song in Italian?)

1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6387 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 36 of 48
26 January 2015 at 5:57am | IP Logged 
tarvos wrote:
I just checked that last.fm and it's like all bands I love and have seen (in most cases)....

Wow zomg same here, so much Finnish stuff especially. I hope the unfamiliar stuff in Italian or Swedish is as awesome as what I already know.

@Via Diva, about 1 album per day :D you can do the daily song(s) at least. For example, if you listen to three new songs per day on weekdays, one at the weekend and then one more album somewhere along the way, you can cover all three categories :D Or just choose one category for songs. You can use it for albums you're iffy about, so that you could stop anytime.

Yay I completed my own challenge :D
Jonne Aaron on Thursday
Kirosanoja
Ravintola suru

i was enjoying much more than what i've previously posted, but my dad remarked how it's so pop compared to what i usually listen to XD

On Friday I listened to Mägo de Oz but I didn't save links.

AlexTG
Diglot
Australia
Joined 4428 days ago

178 posts - 354 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Latin, German, Spanish, Japanese

Message 37 of 48
26 January 2015 at 6:51am | IP Logged 
When I was twenty I used to listen a new album each day, HOW DID I DO THAT HOWWW?
Now one song a day seems too much of a task :( but I wanna try.

Name: AlexTG, LastFM: AkashiSama (it says since 2011 but I didn't start tracking songs till a few months ago)
Week start: Monday
Fave genres: prog and alt rock, jazz, Country

Edited by AlexTG on 26 January 2015 at 7:10am

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4024 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 38 of 48
26 January 2015 at 4:00pm | IP Logged 
Serpent, well, I said that before I started watching The Big Band Theory, dammit...
________
This week's album is Unreal City - Il Paese Del Tramonto. No, I am not picking up Italian yet. It;s just that having literally no success in finding pleasant German-languages prog and having stumbled across some Italian one I had to check if it is any good.
And it is. Not enough to get to my phone just yet, but they got my attention. it is prog and it is epic. Well, what else to expect from Italia, which has provided us with a lot of great music I don't even dare to listen or try to understand (I won't decline an offer to hear an opera though).
Makes me feel sad though. I mean, why doesn't German have anything like it? Whyyyyy?..
P.S. Don't even remind me about Traumhaus.

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4699 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 39 of 48
29 January 2015 at 9:25pm | IP Logged 
This week's album: Holiday in Catatonia, by Jupiter Jones (2009- German) (Revision week, re-hearing an old favourite I haven't listened to in a while). I can't remember how I discovered this album, but it quickly made Jupiter Jones one of my favourite bands. Here's the video of the song that got me interested: Das Jahr in Dem Ich Schlief.

w/b 25 Jan-> album: Holiday in Catatonia, by Jupiter Jones (2009- German)

w/b 18 Jan-> album: Tous les garçons et les filles, by Françoise Hardy (1962- French)
w/b 11 Jan-> album: L'embellie, by Calogero. (2009- French +1 song in Italian?)
w/b 04 Jan-> album: Aubert chante Houellebecq, Les parages du vide, by Jean-Louis Aubert. (2014- French)

Edited by Jeffers on 29 January 2015 at 9:25pm

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6387 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 40 of 48
07 February 2015 at 10:04pm | IP Logged 
My album of the week is Pizda materina by Brkovi.

This discussion contains 48 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version