Diglot
Poland
Joined 6905 days ago

363 posts - 368 votes 
Speaks: English*, Polish

Message 1 of 40
08 December 2007 at 5:50am | IP Logged 
Hello Professor,

In an earlier post you mentioned that you keep track of your many languages by creating charts in microsoft excel. I, for one, would be very interested to see some of your charts. I think this post really ties in with the time management thread but I have created a new post to draw attention to this request as I think other members of the forum would be interested in the way you juggle your many languages so efficiently.

Would other members of the forum like to see examples of some of the professor's charts?
1 person has voted this message useful

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6199 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 2 of 40
08 December 2007 at 6:16am | IP Logged 
Yes. I think it would be interesting and informative.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 3 of 40
08 December 2007 at 8:10am | IP Logged 
I would also really like to see them.

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6669 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 4 of 40
08 December 2007 at 9:41am | IP Logged 
Oh yes, I too would very much like to see the charts.

hokusai77
Triglot
Italy
Joined 6912 days ago

212 posts - 217 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: Italian*, FrenchB1, EnglishC1
Studies: GermanB1, Japanese

Message 5 of 40
09 December 2007 at 10:14am | IP Logged 
Yes, I would like to see them too.

ProfArguelles
United States
foreignlanguageexper
Joined 7016 days ago

609 posts - 2102 votes 

Message 6 of 40
09 December 2007 at 5:59pm | IP Logged 
Now I understand why there has been so little feedback to the much-requested time management thread: I have launched into a tedious theoretical monologue when you all just want to see my charts. Fine, I will provide samples. However, there are technical issues that need to be resolved for they are too large, complex, and multi-colored to display at all properly if I simply past them into a post like this. What to do?

Nephilim
Diglot
Poland
Joined 6905 days ago

363 posts - 368 votes 
Speaks: English*, Polish

Message 7 of 40
10 December 2007 at 5:09am | IP Logged 
Hello Professor,

I completely disagree with your comment about your time management post being a tedious theoretical monologue. Your post was very interesting and I for one (and I'm sure I'm not alone here) found it extremely engaging and useful. The idea of seeing your charts just seems the next logical step from the theoretical input. Please remember that in a sense you are in a league of your own on this site and it takes the rest of us some time to catch up with what for you is second nature.Once members of the forum have seen some of your charts I feel it will most certainly kick start the topic once more in a fresh direction.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 8 of 40
12 December 2007 at 12:13pm | IP Logged 
Nephilim wrote:
Hello Professor,

I completely disagree with your comment about your time management post being a tedious theoretical monologue. Your post was very interesting and I for one (and I'm sure I'm not alone here) found it extremely engaging and useful. The idea of seeing your charts just seems the next logical step from the theoretical input. Please remember that in a sense you are in a league of your own on this site and it takes the rest of us some time to catch up with what for you is second nature.Once members of the forum have seen some of your charts I feel it will most certainly kick start the topic once more in a fresh direction.
Yes, you're not alone :-)
I also found the time management thread very interesting, thanks a lot for it and for all your other contributions, dear Professor.

Edited by Serpent on 13 December 2007 at 9:06am

This discussion contains 40 messages over 5 pages: 2 3 4 5  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version