Diglot
Italy
Joined 4005 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 73 of 170
30 January 2015 at 8:04pm | IP Logged 
Maybe I come a bit late, but I've just found out a couple of minutes ago that SVT is
sending a 4-episodes series called "Jerusalem", based on the novel by Selma Lagerlöf.

Here's
the link

Only 3 days left to watch all 4 episodes. Challenge accepted.
1 person has voted this message useful

Mareike
Germany
Joined 6014 days ago

267 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*
Studies: English, Swedish

Message 74 of 170
31 January 2015 at 3:10pm | IP Logged 
January Challenge
För att vara ärlig; Jag vet inte varför jag har valt svenska. Den sista gången jag besökte Sverige var i 2007. Denna semestern kanske var en grund för att lära mig svenska. Mitt först inlägg om lära svenska var i 2008. Det var 7 år sedan. En lång tid. Under den tiden görde jag många pauser och nystarter. Min plan för 2015 är att förbättra min svenska. För att nå det målet vill jag repetera grammatik, läsa böcker, titta på filmer, skriva texter och prata.

To be honest; I don’t know anymore why I have chosen Swedish. My last time I visited Sweden was in 2007. This vacation maybe played a role in that decision. My first post about learning Swedish was 2008. That was about 7 years ago. A long time. During that time I had a lot of breaks and restarts. My plan for 2015 is to improve my Swedish. In order to archive that I will repeat grammar, read books, watch movies and speak.

Sooniye
Diglot
Groupie
Sweden
Joined 3687 days ago

44 posts - 52 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: Spanish, Danish, Turkish, Japanese, Croatian, Hindi, Hungarian, Albanian

Message 75 of 170
31 January 2015 at 4:03pm | IP Logged 
My January challenge comes here:

Jeg vil gerne bli bedre på dansk. Nu blander jeg in svensk alt for meget. Mitt intresse for
dansk startade då jeg flyttede ner til Skåne, den del av Sverige som liger vid Danmark. Jeg
kan godt lide at høre dansk, det er smukt. Men jeg forstår ikke altid. Jeg ønsker at blive
bedre til at forstå talt dansk og til at skrive og tale dansk.

I would love to get better at Danish. As it is now, I mix in Swedish too much. My interest
for Danish started when I moved down to Skane, the part of Sweden that lies next to Denmark.
I love to hear Danish, it is beautiful. But I don't always understand it. I wish to become
better at understanding spoken Danish, and to write and talk Danish.

Edited by Sooniye on 31 January 2015 at 4:06pm

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 4005 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 76 of 170
31 January 2015 at 4:38pm | IP Logged 
Just gonna leave this here...

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4956 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 77 of 170
02 February 2015 at 8:54pm | IP Logged 
Many thanks to everyone who completed the January Challenge!

February Challenge

For February I got inspired from a French song, and I even made the suggestion to Team Français. The idea is describing your daily routine. Beginners can use shorter sentences, quite like the song itself: I wake up at 7:00...I have breakfast...I have coffee...I leave home at 8:00...I go to work by bus...I work till ...I go home at...I have dinner and watch TV...I go to bed at...It doesn't have to be so elaborated. You may write just half a dozen short sentences if you think that's enough for you to practice.

I think this challenge allows us to deal with several features of the Scandinavian language, like the different verbs of motion, the fossilized genitive and telling the time.

That's it, let's get going! Wish everyone a productive and rewarding month of learning.

Mae
Trilingual Octoglot
Pro Member
Germany
Joined 4781 days ago

299 posts - 499 votes 
Speaks: German*, SpanishC2*, Swiss-German*, FrenchC2, EnglishC2, ItalianB2, Dutch, Portuguese
Studies: Russian, Swedish
Personal Language Map

Message 78 of 170
02 February 2015 at 11:21pm | IP Logged 
Hey language learners!

Nice to see a Scandinavian team in here. It's been almost 2 years since I last visited
HTLAL. My language learning projects in 2013 were a total fail and I faced a whole
heap of trouble otherwise. No excuses, though...

As the winter term ended (Jan '15), I though about going back to language learning
again. I haven't posted anything since 2013 on my blog, and I was a little bit
frustrated how things were developing.

This time I didn't want to let down again a team, but I wanted to start all over, and
work up my skills in how to learn any language. So I guess I'm another lone
wolf making her way through this language learning challenge. To follow my progress,
keep an eye on my log, my language blog or my TAC blog - if you want.

Where do I stand right now? Well, it's been quite some time, so I'm actually starting
from zero again. Since January I've been revising my old scripts from my intensive A1
course from a few years ago, and I just signed up for a new course (A2). Let's see if
I can speak some decent Swedish by May 1st (Polyglot Gathering in Berlin) :-)

Vi ses! Och Lycka till!

Edited by Mae on 03 February 2015 at 12:20am

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5137 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 79 of 170
03 February 2015 at 12:01am | IP Logged 
Hej Mae!

It’s been such a long time! It’s so nice to have you back on the forum.

I wish you good luck with Swedish (and with all the rest of course)!

Lycka till!

3 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4956 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 80 of 170
03 February 2015 at 7:41pm | IP Logged 
Hi Mae! Thank you for your post. Make yourself at home, feel free to join the discussions and contribute. There are several members learning Swedish here.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 170 messages over 22 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version