Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4703 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 57 of 58
29 March 2015 at 2:32pm | IP Logged 
It's been a little while since you posted about the different class possibilities. Have you settled on one? It's interesting that your list the expenses seem correlate to the value. I'm assuming the woman in your building isn't native; if she is native then she would be the best option by far. There are mixed responses to classes here on HTLAL: some would never take classes and others think there's value in them. Of course, compared to self-study material the costs are steep. But if you have a good class, I think it can be a great thing. 1 to 1 tutoring is often assumed to be the best, but I think a small class of 3-5 people would be better in some cases.
1 person has voted this message useful

PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5270 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 58 of 58
25 August 2015 at 4:35am | IP Logged 
Hi s.mann,

How's things? I gather you're not learning French at this stage (like many of the others
I've contacted), or you couldn't be bothered with the website due to time constraints,
life etc, or the face that there were a bunch of technical issues going on. Many of us
are continuing our French over on the alternative how-to-learn-any-language.org website.
Feel free to catch us there, do nothing whatsoever, or continue here ;)

Hope you are well,
PM
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 58 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version