Triglot
Canada
Joined 5190 days ago

2704 posts - 5425 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Spanish
Studies: Polish

Message 17 of 24
06 April 2014 at 9:55pm | IP Logged 
I was originally going to question the wisdom of having two polyglot conferences the same year but I just learned
that Berlin is completely booked. That's what you get for procrastinating, I guess. In any case I'll set my sights on
Novi Sad. Hope to see you all there.
1 person has voted this message useful

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5855 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 18 of 24
26 June 2014 at 11:53am | IP Logged 
We have updated the Polyglot Conference website with more details about the conference in Novi Sad. Registrations close on 7th July, so please do go on and register, if you'd like to come. We'd love to see as many of you there as possible. :)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5094 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 19 of 24
10 October 2014 at 11:24am | IP Logged 
Ok. I am in Novy Sad, going to register in 30 minutes. Is there anyone here from the forum apart from Iversen
and Torbyrne?
2 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5607 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 20 of 24
10 October 2014 at 3:57pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Ok. I am in Novy Sad, going to register in 30 minutes. Is there anyone here from the forum apart from Iversen
and Torbyrne?

I am also curious to know which HTLAL - members are participating in Novi Sad. I was at the Polyglot Gathering in Berlin this year - but now I am at home - following the conference in Novi Sad via Facebook and Twitter. I hope to participate next year at the Polyglot Gathering in Berlin again.

Fasulye

Islam Star
Trilingual Super Polyglot
Czech Republic
Joined 3464 days ago

9 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: Czech*, Frisian*, Creole (French)*, Telugu, Igbo, Polish, English, German, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Japanese

Message 21 of 24
19 October 2014 at 1:23pm | IP Logged 
I'd love to attend, but I don't think I'm gonna make it in time. Where will the next
event take place?

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5855 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 22 of 24
19 October 2014 at 9:39pm | IP Logged 
The Novi Sad Conference was a great success and I am pleased how many people made it there and enjoy and create the great atmosphere. The Serbs really made us very welcome and I am very grateful to the Cultural Center of Novi Sad for their hospitality. Here are some of the videos for you to enjoy:

Overview of the conference
Carole Westerkamp
Professor Alexander Arguelles
Alex Rawlings
Luis Miguel Rojas Berscia
Niels Iversen
Josip Cvrtila and Bartłomiej Janiczak
Michal Grzeskowiak
Nataša Šofranac
Martine Alonso Marquis and Branislav Sovilj - About the YouTube video series, "Naša Snajka" - a fun place to learn colloquial Serbian and have a laugh! :)

I'll continue to add to this post as more videos are published, so they are easy to find.

Edited by Torbyrne on 28 October 2014 at 11:29pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

Juаn
Colombia
Joined 5105 days ago

727 posts - 1830 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*

Message 23 of 24
25 October 2014 at 12:00am | IP Logged 
Professor Argüelles' lecture was extremely stimulating and motivating. Thank you! Though it is illustrative to note that most of his advice I would not follow myself. The learning of many foreign languages is indeed not something than can be pursued in a prescribed manner.

The young person forefront in a checked shirt constantly looking at his watch was very annoying however! Looks like he was bored out of his mind.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4467 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 24 of 24
25 October 2014 at 12:38pm | IP Logged 
I found Alex's presentation very inspiring. I have only watched part of Arguelles' video,
and I like it (and his presentation here is a lot better than other ones I've seen), and
I think he makes a lot of valid points. It was a bit long-winded so I have to re-watch
some of it later - though I am not going to argue with the content of the professor.

I also particularly want to watch Iversen's presentation. I remember his presentation at
the Berlin conference (it was one of the highlights for me). Besides that Iversen always
has wisdom to impart :)

This discussion contains 24 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version