Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 98 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4025 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 777 of 812
03 July 2015 at 3:51pm | IP Logged 
Brain-numbing heat seems to be over at least for a while, but in addition to lots of communicating (which I really shouldn't be doing...) I am in a full-time internship, which is nothing special so far, but still is a full-time one. I guess I could sit in my
phone all day today and no one would mind, but I am honest, und mein Innerwille sagt "Arbeiten!" :D
I might need some tech English, but only in translation and surely only voluntarily, so no one cares about my CV languages :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4025 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 778 of 812
08 July 2015 at 2:46am | IP Logged 
So I have been chatting in German for a while, and there seems to be not that many really bad mistakes. I do talk sort of poetic or plain old sometimes.
Like when I wanted to say I got some help at work I said: ich war heute geholfen, als ich einen Kaffee mir zu machen versuchte. That should have been like this: mir wurde heute geholfen, als ich versuchte, mir einen Kaffee zu machen.
I really don't mind sounding sort of outdated - that fits me, haha, - but probably this could be a problem. I really need to cover some grammar topics, but, heck, work affects me harder than I expected.
I also know now it's not a crime to use much of Präteritum, it is just also the business of the past. But I am too lasy to use Perfekt sometimes. Yeah.

And people keep telling me my German is good. What use is that "good" if I can't read Er ist wieder da? :(
2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4025 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 779 of 812
11 July 2015 at 5:11am | IP Logged 
while I continue occasionally to chat in German (sometimes having to use all the three languages I can use
simultaneously, I still don't study anything, because spending around 11 hours straight out of my home is
something I still find rather hard to do.
that doesn't mean I don't do anything unusual. Yesterday I spent all the time at work skimming through a
book on biogas, taking the most important information, translating quite a bit of it along the way. It is hard
because there's a lot of stuff I understand, but can't translate, and also things I don't even begin to
understand, in addition to lots of abbreviations and other stuff I just don't know. But I was asked to
translate the rest of the information that I've collected, and since I was actually asked, I'll do it. What
choice do I have? :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4025 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 780 of 812
13 July 2015 at 3:47pm | IP Logged 
Still can't get to study anything. Today I also haven't had to work for like more than 80% of my
actual worktime, I got so bored I wrote this essence of foolishness:

I let them crawl under my skin
I don't let them out even if they don't let me in
I let them infiltrate my brain
I don't even care if they cause me some pain

(refrain)
you know I am insane
and I don't have the paperwork to prove it
you think I am the one to blame
even though I wasn't the one to move it

I grew accustomed to cold
and I don't listen to shit I'm always told
yet I remember what they say
so I could think they ruin me day after day

I am fed up with this right now
you never really live till you have learned to bow
so thus my life so dull and slowly goes
towards the point when no one would want to hear my voice

I sound childish, but forgive
I've never learned to tame the words to let me live
you wouldn't bother anyway
so why should I even think to step down off my way?

I don't know why is that easier than just opening a grammar book.

Anyway, apart from that I listen to a lot of English stuff just through Between the Buried and Me -
new album syndrome, if you like - and read a lot of HPMOR, also in English.
It doesn't mean there's no German, no way!

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4025 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 781 of 812
14 July 2015 at 4:35pm | IP Logged 
Do any of you watch Quite Interesting? If you do, what's your favourite part of it?
Of course, the majority is going to shout "General ignorance". Is the right answer!
So, today I bumped into some bad language ignorance.
An employee of a company that took me for an internship complained that she wants to listen to some English audiocourse in morning but there's always too loud to hear anything. Another employee and her started
talking, and then that another one said that it's impossible to learn language not studying it very actively, with proper books and stuff. I tried to tell my English improved a lot through series and movies, but in reply
she asked me whether I was taught English in school or not. Though I added "badly" to my "yes" she wouldn't care. Then I heard the age stereotype. Well... I barely talk to them, and - alas! - my personal example is
not encouraging, so I haven't tried to talk reason with them. But I now desire that people would have some "language ignorance" lessons, the way Hans Rosling wants the world to know what is actually going on in the
world nowadays.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4025 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 782 of 812
17 July 2015 at 3:49pm | IP Logged 
People, I am so going to blow up your mind. You couldn't see it coming, heck, I couldn't see it coming either!
I am gonna start learning Czech.
*mouths fall open, some people who were standing, fall on the floor, the ones who were sitting want to lay down*
I have no real reason to do so.
No motivation.
No goals.
No idea how to do it.
This song is actually all I have. Oh, well, fine, almost all.

I still can change my mind, but...
Quote:
... spatřil jsem kometu chtěl jsem jí zazpívat

O vodě o trávě o lese
o smrti se kterou smířit nejde se
o lásce o zradě o světě
bude to písnička o nás a kometě

3 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4025 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 783 of 812
22 July 2015 at 1:32am | IP Logged 
Eh this last inaccessibility period was scary.
Don't really deal with any German expect for occasional thinking or songs.
As for Czech... Never really started it yet, but it's already clear that this is gonna bring me lots of headache. So, in order to minimize it, I am not even going to bother with sounds like ř. Honestly, I am not going to try to fool anyone into believing that I
am Czech native (although that would make some sense, given that the language must be sort of easier to learn than English). More than that, even one native admitted he can't produce this sound. I guess I should be more bothered because of short/ long vowels
again. I guess short/ long vowels are actually way more annoying than articles. It's just that I don't get to speak English or German with actual living people, who can honestly say what freaks them out more.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4025 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 784 of 812
23 July 2015 at 3:53pm | IP Logged 
I deleted unfinished audiobooks “La louve de France“ and “The God Delusion“ for a Czech movie. Mixed
feelings á la wanderlust.

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version