Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4517 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 185 of 439
09 March 2013 at 12:13am | IP Logged 
Thanks a lot guys! I have to tell you, as my internet friends and family, that I've found a job!!! \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
I'll be a Jr. System Analyst/Developer at the biggest internet company in Brazil. I'm really happy about it! I'll begin on the 19th, until then (and after, since I'll use the metro) I'll have plenty of time for my languages.

РУССКИЙ:

As I said before, I hired a Russian teacher on Italki and she's great! We've had 3 classes already and I intend to have 2/3 sessions per week. So far, all sessions went great! We talk all the time in Russian, just using English if I don't know some word even after explanation. Of course I don't understand everything she says, but during the lesson my comprehension level varies between 60 and 100%, depending on the topic and the vocabulary she's using.

I'll talk about French tomorrow, since I'll take the last lesson of this "block" today.

See you!
1 person has voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4646 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 186 of 439
10 March 2013 at 1:49pm | IP Logged 
Congratulations on finding a job! It all seems to work out pretty well for you. Glad to hear that your Russian is doing fine, too.

Поздравляю!

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4517 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 187 of 439
11 March 2013 at 7:35pm | IP Logged 
Спасибо, Josquin! =)

FRANÇAIS:

It's a shame to see how little French I studied in the last time, but as I said before, I had a lot going on. Buuuttt, I finally finished another block of:

O Novo Francês Sem Esforço - Leçons 29-35:

This block was the hardest to remember so far. It makes sense, since we're going further on the book, but since I did it for a long time, I kept forgetting the new words from previous lessons.
Anyway, it created some doubts like: when should I use "lequel"/"laquelle" or just "quel"? The revision lesson was very easy, showing the superlative and comparative, nothing hard.
There were many funny lessons, but I feel that I'll have to review all of them to fix better some of the vocabulary.

ITALIANO:

Started playing FIFA 13 in Italian sometimes. It doesn't count as studying, but I thought I should post it here anyway.

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6422 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 188 of 439
23 March 2013 at 7:11pm | IP Logged 
Congratulations on your new job! It sounds exciting.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4509 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 189 of 439
23 March 2013 at 11:11pm | IP Logged 
You use quel when it's indefinite in general

"Quelle voiture dois-je acheter?" (Which car should I buy?).

"J'ai decidé d'acheter cette voiture-ci."

"Laquelle?" (from out of a definite set of choices).

Edited by tarvos on 23 March 2013 at 11:11pm

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4517 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 190 of 439
26 March 2013 at 2:20pm | IP Logged 
Thanks @Brun_Ugle and @Tarvos! Now I've got it!

FRANÇAIS:

Je vais essayer d'écrire un peu en français.
Je n'ai pas etudié beaucoup français la semaine dernière, mais hier j'ai fait encore une leçon d'Assimil et aujourd'hui j'ai fait une autre. Je n'ai pas étudié beaucoup parce que j'ai lu un livre très interessant. Il s'appelle «Les Piliers de la Terre» de Ken Follett, il y a presque 950 pages, mais je ne pouvais pas arrêter de le lire.
Il raconte l'histoire de la construction d'une cathédrale en Angleterre pendant le 12ème siècle, et certaines personnes qui ont une relation (ou non nécessairement) avec elle.
C'est un livre magnifique et je vous conseille de le lire!

Edited by fabriciocarraro on 27 March 2013 at 2:34pm

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4517 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 191 of 439
27 March 2013 at 2:44pm | IP Logged 
Hey guys!

Yesterday I attended São Paulo's CouchSurfing weekly meeting, and although I had just slept 4,5 hours the night before and worked all day, it was great!
I met a lot of foreigners there, even some Russian girls, but I didn't practice my Russian at all unfortunately =/
On the other hand, I was able to speak English A LOT, with natives and people from other countries. The thing of which I was most proud, was that I finally met someone from Italy there, and spent about 30/40 minutes speaking in Italian with him! He's a Computer Engineer like me, and his fianceé is a Brazilian girl, so that's why he's living here now. They both complimented my level in Italian, they said it was impressive for someone who's never been to the country. I gotta admit that, by that point, my ego was almost coming out of my mouth ahahaha

Italian is my favorite language by far, and it was great to finally be able to practice a little in person. It's important. We exchanged Facebooks and I hope we can maintain some contact and get in touch sometimes.

Anyway, I'll try to attend this meeting weekly since I'm back to São Paulo now. It's always great to meet people and get some free, relaxed, beer-accompanied practice. =)
3 persons have voted this message useful

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4517 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 192 of 439
05 April 2013 at 9:48pm | IP Logged 
FRANÇAIS:

I didn't practice it much outside Assimil, so let's go to it:

O Novo Francês Sem Esforço - Leçons 36-42:

I think this one was the funniest block so far. Pretty much all the lessons were very funny and very useful as well. I'm having some trouble remembering or trying to reproduce some vocabulary and expressions, but I guess that's what the active phase is gonna be all about.
To remedy that, I'm taking a new lesson eveyday, and before listening to it I listen to the previous 2/3 lessons in order to make it stick. It's been helpful.
The review lesson was ok, nothing special, just a good review about time and hours.

I'm glad that now with my new job I've been able to make time to take Assimil lessons daily.

Edited by fabriciocarraro on 05 April 2013 at 9:51pm

This discussion contains 439 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version