Joined 5644 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 9 of 13
18 April 2011 at 2:25pm | IP Logged 
Esperanto topics should be discussed in our Esperanto Discussion Room. I had transferred the other Esperanto topic of the same poster 1gaz2wsx to the Esperanto room, but I forgot to leave a copy of the thread in the Specific Languages Room. Sorry for this! Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 19 April 2011 at 5:19pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6236 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 10 of 13
20 April 2011 at 2:21am | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
Esperanto topics should be discussed in our Esperanto Discussion Room. I had transferred the other Esperanto topic of the same poster 1gaz2wsx to the Esperanto room, but I forgot to leave a copy of the thread in the Specific Languages Room. Sorry for this! Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic.

Fasulye

This policy is part of why the Esperanto discussion room is so quiet. Some people get sick of seeing flame threads in English put there.

Cainntear
Pentaglot
Scotland
linguafrankly.blogsp
Joined 5808 days ago

4399 posts - 7687 votes 
Speaks: Lowland Scots, English*, French, Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Studies: Catalan, Italian, German, Irish, Welsh

Message 11 of 13
20 April 2011 at 2:30am | IP Logged 
While I'm no fan of Esperanto, it does seem against the purpose of the language-specific forums to keep dropping English-language threads into them. Isn't that what the English-language "specific languages" forum is for?

This thread it particular makes no sense in the Esperanto forum, because everyone in that forum has already started learning the language and this thread is telling people to start learning the language.

(Of course, this thread has no place anywhere on HTLAL at all, because it's pretty condescending whenever someone tries to tell you what language to learn.)

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6236 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 12 of 13
20 April 2011 at 3:09am | IP Logged 
Cainntear wrote:
While I'm no fan of Esperanto, it does seem against the purpose of the language-specific forums to keep dropping English-language threads into them. Isn't that what the English-language "specific languages" forum is for?

This thread it particular makes no sense in the Esperanto forum, because everyone in that forum has already started learning the language and this thread is telling people to start learning the language.

(Of course, this thread has no place anywhere on HTLAL at all, because it's pretty condescending whenever someone tries to tell you what language to learn.)

It's actually a sarcastic rant against the language.

There's nothing condescending about people being enthusiastic about a language, whether it's English, Russian, Mandarin, Esperanto, or Quechua. But that's irrelevant to this thread.

Edited by Volte on 20 April 2011 at 3:10am

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6176 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 13 of 13
20 April 2011 at 7:02am | IP Logged 
The Esperanto subforum is supposed to be immune from beating this dead horse. So thread closed.

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 13 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version