Groupie
Greece
Joined 5170 days ago

98 posts - 124 votes 
Speaks: Greek*, EnglishC1
Studies: Russian, Albanian

Message 1 of 13
17 April 2011 at 8:53pm | IP Logged 
Esperanto is a very useful language that can trully be a global lanuage.It knows no country and no ethnicity which can make it a true language of international communication.I just started learning it and I am delighted with its' energy!Go ahead and learn it!

Edited by 1qaz2wsx on 17 April 2011 at 8:53pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Ikipou
Diglot
Norway
lingua.ikipou.com/
Joined 4787 days ago

24 posts - 23 votes
Speaks: French*, English

Message 2 of 13
17 April 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged 
How many people speak Esperanto? I think that is what's driving most people to other languages.

Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5490 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 3 of 13
17 April 2011 at 9:23pm | IP Logged 
There's a thread called "Esperanto,not an international language" started by the same OP within an hour of this thread being started. The first post there is:

1qaz2wsx wrote:
After tinkering a little bit with Esperanto for the first time here is the impression I got-it's basically a european-based language,something like an Italian-spanish pigin from some remote island with some words from other languages ,european too,here and there.

It seems helpful as an introduction to start learning your first foreign language,though.Before starting to learn a real one,that is.

My conclusion-helpful,but by no means an international language of communication.

OP, I'm rather confused as to:
a) what your opinion on Esperanto is, and
b) how your conflicting posts on this topic are benefiting anyone.

Edited by Jinx on 17 April 2011 at 9:27pm

7 persons have voted this message useful

1qaz2wsx
Diglot
Groupie
Greece
Joined 5170 days ago

98 posts - 124 votes 

Message 4 of 13
17 April 2011 at 9:46pm | IP Logged 
Where is 'Esperanto,not an international language' thread now?This topic is an ironic response to the person that removed my previous topic when I said that one of the impressions I got when I started learning Esperanto was that esperantists oppose vehemently opinions against Esperanto.His removal of the topic more or less confirmed this impression.

It seems that judging Esperanto is like judging ethnicity or race for some people,which is absurd.

lingoleng
Germany
Joined 5095 days ago

605 posts - 1290 votes 

Message 5 of 13
17 April 2011 at 10:17pm | IP Logged 
1qaz2wsx wrote:
It seems that judging Esperanto is like judging ethnicity or race for some people,which is absurd.

Well,
"After tinkering a little bit with Esperanto for the first time here is the impression I got-it's basically a european-based language,something like an Italian-spanish pigin from some remote island with some words from other languages ,european too,here and there.It seems helpful as an introduction to start learning your first foreign language,though.Before starting to learn a real one,that is. My conclusion-helpful,but by no means an international language of communication.",

such a deep and well researched conclusion can be drawn after a profound study of about 2 minutes. What do you expect? A Nobel prize?

Edited by lingoleng on 17 April 2011 at 10:19pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

tractor
Tetraglot
Norway
Joined 5250 days ago

1349 posts - 2292 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, Catalan
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 6 of 13
17 April 2011 at 10:55pm | IP Logged 
1qaz2wsx wrote:
Where is 'Esperanto,not an international language' thread now?This topic is an ironic response
to the person that removed my previous topic when I said that one of the impressions I got when I started learning
Esperanto was that esperantists oppose vehemently opinions against Esperanto.His removal of the topic more or
less confirmed this impression.

It has not been removed. It is here:
http://how-to-learn-
any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26283&PN=1

Cainntear
Pentaglot
Scotland
linguafrankly.blogsp
Joined 5808 days ago

4399 posts - 7687 votes 
Speaks: Lowland Scots, English*, French, Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Studies: Catalan, Italian, German, Irish, Welsh

Message 7 of 13
17 April 2011 at 11:02pm | IP Logged 
English is a very useful language that can truly be a global language.It knows no particular country and all ethnicities which can make it a true language of international communication.I started learning when I was little it and I am delighted with its energy!Go ahead and learn it!

Seriously, this is why some people get all het up about Esperanto: because some people try to push it on others. Would you be happy if this forum was all posts by people telling us why their languages are great? It would be a dull, pointless forum.

Don't tell us what to do, and we won't tell you what to do, OK?

Edited by Cainntear on 17 April 2011 at 11:03pm

5 persons have voted this message useful

1qaz2wsx
Diglot
Groupie
Greece
Joined 5170 days ago

98 posts - 124 votes 

Message 8 of 13
18 April 2011 at 4:17am | IP Logged 
Cainntear wrote:

Don't tell us what to do, and we won't tell you what to do, OK?

Exactly my point.

This discussion contains 13 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version