Andy E
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6903 days ago

1651 posts - 1939 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French

Message 1 of 10
26 July 2005 at 10:17am | IP Logged 
For anyone interested, the transcripts for Episodes 1 -26 of the French In Action series are available here. Click on the link marked "PREPARING YOUR LESSONS" in the navigation menu.

This site also contains other information and activities for teachers and students using the series.

Andy

P.S. If you consider this to be cheating then don't look! :¬)

1 person has voted this message useful

jradetzky
Triglot
United Kingdom
geocities.com/jradet
Joined 7007 days ago

521 posts - 485 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2, GermanB1

Message 2 of 10
26 July 2005 at 3:38pm | IP Logged 
Merci beaucoup! I was about to order the book with transcripts, so now I only have to wait for the 52 lessons to be uploaded.

Andy E
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6903 days ago

1651 posts - 1939 votes 

Message 3 of 10
27 July 2005 at 2:27am | IP Logged 
jradetzky wrote:
Merci beaucoup! I was about to order the book with transcripts, so now I only have to wait for the 52 lessons to be uploaded.

I was going to do the same :¬). Unfortunately, I only found the link yesterday and I've just finished Lesson 25.

I've had to use the transcript today for one single item because no matter how many times I listened to it, I simply couldn't catch it....

Garçon, garçon! Apportez-moi une fourchette propre!Celle-ci est pleine de jaune d’œuf!

...it was really simple in the end so I'm quite annoyed with myself.

Andy.

Andy E
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6903 days ago

1651 posts - 1939 votes 

Message 4 of 10
28 July 2005 at 10:08am | IP Logged 
jradetzky wrote:
so now I only have to wait for the 52 lessons to be uploaded.

I think we may have a long wait. The last modified date on Lesson 26 is Nov 30 1998. So unless Yale's definition of "the near future" as in "you can expect to see information for Lessons 27-52 in the near future" uses a geological timeframe, I fear nothing more will be forthcoming.

Andy.

jradetzky
Triglot
United Kingdom
geocities.com/jradet
Joined 7007 days ago

521 posts - 485 votes 
1 sounds

Message 5 of 10
28 July 2005 at 10:17am | IP Logged 
Andy E wrote:

I think we may have a long wait. The last modified date on Lesson 26 is Nov 30 1998. So unless Yale's definition of "the near future" as in "you can expect to see information for Lessons 27-52 in the near future" uses a geological timeframe, I fear nothing more will be forthcoming.

Domage! Anyway, do you know if there are two volumes of the French in Action book? If that's the case we might buy only the second one.

Andy E
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6903 days ago

1651 posts - 1939 votes 

Message 6 of 10
28 July 2005 at 10:26am | IP Logged 
jradetzky wrote:
Domage! Anyway, do you know if there are two volumes of the French in Action book? If that's the case we might buy only the second one.

A shame indeed. Well, I'm slightly confused as to which of the Yale Press books contains the transcripts. The student books are in two volumes, but the teacher's one is a single volume. Any ideas?

Andy.

jradetzky
Triglot
United Kingdom
geocities.com/jradet
Joined 7007 days ago

521 posts - 485 votes 
1 sounds

Message 7 of 10
28 July 2005 at 10:38am | IP Logged 
Andy E wrote:
Unfortunately, I only found the link yesterday and I've just finished Lesson 25.

I've had to use the transcript today for one single item because no matter how many times I listened to it, I simply couldn't catch it....

Garçon, garçon! Apportez-moi une fourchette propre!Celle-ci est pleine de jaune d’œuf!

Well, if you've gone that far I guess you can make it without the transcripts. I paused my watching the series in the chapter when that annoying female-predator character tried to seduce Mireille in the park. I couldn't make sense of all he was saying to her.

Andy E
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6903 days ago

1651 posts - 1939 votes 

Message 8 of 10
28 July 2005 at 10:48am | IP Logged 
jradetzky wrote:
Well, if you've gone that far I guess you can make it without the transcripts. I paused my watching the series in the chapter when that annoying female-predator character tried to seduce Mireille in the park. I couldn't make sense of all he was saying to her.

Ah well, I'm not saying I've caught every single item in every episode... :¬)

"le dragueur" gave me a hell of a lot of trouble as well - in fact that's one lesson I'm definitely going to revisit with transcript in hand.

I also had trouble with Mme Courtois who definitely "parle trop vite".

Andy.

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version