Diglot
United States
Joined 6964 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 41 of 92
28 November 2012 at 9:42pm | IP Logged 
Watched episode 11 in Pasaporto. Glanced at some of the pdfs for the course and see there are sections on correlatives. I guess I can do my preferred approach, to do an episode, supplement it with some text, and do it a several times over a few days to help it sink in.

I'm half watching episode 12.

Edited by luke on 28 November 2012 at 9:44pm

1 person has voted this message useful

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6964 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 42 of 92
02 December 2012 at 2:33pm | IP Logged 
When I say, "half watched", I'm doing the dishes or something and can listen and glance over at the video once in a while. I watched episode 12 again and half watched 13 of Pasaporto al la Tuta Mondo.

I've also been listening to Jen Nia Mondo lessons and dialogues. I'm in the upper teens. I'll be listening to lesson 18 again and the previous few dialogues.

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6964 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 43 of 92
05 December 2012 at 3:34am | IP Logged 
Somehow I've made it up to watching episode 15 of Pasaporto al la Tuta Mondo. The story continues to thrill with it's mixture of camp and creativity.

I've been reading Jen Nia Mondo dialogues during breaks at work and listening to dialogues and lessons in the car. Today I heard lesson 23 of 25. I've read the dialogues up to that point as well.

I quickly listened through Vojagxu kun Zam and read the pdf. I'm getting sleepy though, so probably would be wise to hit the hay.

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6964 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 44 of 92
06 December 2012 at 10:58am | IP Logged 
Mi trovis multajn esperantistajn filmojn. Mi ludis ilin dum mi dormis. Ili estas tre bonaj Eble vi ĝuos ilin..

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6964 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 45 of 92
08 December 2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged 
I finished my first quick trip through Jen Nia Mondo. The later lessons, especially the 25th were certainly more difficult. The course is laid out in such a way that they expect you will have memorized most vocabulary items when they are introduced. That goes along with the instructions for the course, but when one wants to take a quick trip through, it is more difficult.

Now I am on my second trip through and will take a bit more time to focus on the book with its grammatical explanations and exercises. I did lesoons 1 and 2 last night. Those of course seem fairly easy. The exercises were the most useful practice there. This morning it is early and I've gone through most of lesson 3. The lesson closes with some pattern exercises and I'm a little to sleepy to do them all.

As far as systematic review, I can see reading through the earlier lessons to revise vocabulary. The words that are only used in the explanations or exercises are less familar than those in the dialogues. A bit of review there will be beneficial.

Edited by luke on 08 December 2012 at 8:19am

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6964 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 46 of 92
09 December 2012 at 2:11pm | IP Logged 
I've gone through lesson 4 once again in Jen Nia Mondo. Most everything to this point seems very easy.

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6964 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 47 of 92
13 December 2012 at 12:55am | IP Logged 
In my second round through Pasaporto al la Tuta Mondo I listened to most of episode 2 today. So far, I have the episodes split in 3 pieces. Intro grammar, drama, and final comments. That has worked well so far.

On the second round through Jen Nia Mondo I listened to dialogues 5 and 6 and read chapter 6. I've noticed more vocabulary tucked away in the book. Lots of words that aren't in the dialogues. The book exercises are helpful. Definitely a different mode of study, which is good.

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6964 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 48 of 92
16 December 2012 at 2:54pm | IP Logged 
This morning I watched episode 4 of Pasaporto al la Tuta Mondo. I've been listening to the previous lessons in the car. Today I glanced a bit at the written dialogue, but I was also doing the dishes for part of the episode, but I was able to read while I had breakfast.

on the Jen Nia Mondo track, I've been primarily reading the book and listening to the dialogues up to around lesson 7. I.E., this time through, I haven't been listening to the extended lesson "radio program", which includes a lot of teaching language (English).

So far, so good.

This discussion contains 92 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version