Diglot
United States
Joined 6990 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 9 of 92
11 October 2007 at 9:27pm | IP Logged 
Mi pensas ke mi sufiĉe studis BKD kaj VKZ. Eble mi studos gxin denove.

Hodiaux mi auxdis JNM lecionoj 9-12 kiam mi estis en la auxto. Mi pensas ke JNM estos la sekvonta kurso ke mi studos.
1 person has voted this message useful

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6990 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 10 of 92
12 October 2007 at 10:03pm | IP Logged 
Mi studas "Mi estas komencanto" de lernu.net. Mi esperas ke me povas paroli kun amikojn baldaux.

Mi studis JNM en la auxto. Me auxdis lecionojn 9-12. Morgaux mi auxdos alia CDo.

Hodiaux mi komencis kun leciono 1 de "Nova Franca Lingvo" de Assimil.

Edited by luke on 12 October 2007 at 10:05pm

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6990 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 11 of 92
14 October 2007 at 9:49pm | IP Logged 
Mi volas trovi alian vortliston ke havas vortnaskigxon informaĵon, sed mi ne jam trovis gxin.

Mi studis lecionojn 13-14 de JNM kaj mi auxskultis Gerda Malaperis (GM).

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6990 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 12 of 92
18 October 2007 at 10:24pm | IP Logged 
Mi ne volas skribi en esperanton, sed mi volas skribi iom. Mi volas skribi korekte, sed mi estas laca.

Mi auxdis Jen Nian Internacian Junan Kongreson (JNIJK) de lernu.net. Tio estas bona rakonto. Mi pensas ke mi auxdos gxi denove iam.

Mi dormos.

Edited by luke on 18 October 2007 at 10:27pm

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6990 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 13 of 92
28 October 2012 at 11:56pm | IP Logged 
I'm going to start bringing Esperanto back online. One book and recording I have is Teach Yourself Esperanto, which includes a cassette tape of the dialogues. I got it about 5 years ago when the price was low. Over the last week or so I listened to one side of the tape. When I paid a bit more attention this morning and started the second side of the tape, I realized the dialogues have gotten a bit away from me in the comprehension department.

With Esperanto, I just plan on doing a little bit each day with the hope that over some time, I'll be able to start listening to podcasts, etc. I'm really taking a laid back approach rather than a disciplined "study" approach for the time being. I did listen to chapter 2 from http://librivox.org/dr-esperantos-international-language-int roduction-and-complete-grammar-by-ll-zamenhof/ today. The chapters are short and it's by the man L.L. Zamenhof himself, which make this interesting on several levels. It's a short book too, which is attractive for me on this track. I like the sense of accomplishment of having gotten through some piece of material, and this is easier to do with a short work.

Edited by luke on 01 November 2012 at 9:59pm

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5166 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 14 of 92
29 October 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged 
I can't remember an Esperanto-only thread on HTLAL before (I'm probably wrong...); very
interesting.

I'm also doing Esperanto now -- I did a little bit last November (can't remember for how
long), and I just started again last week. However, I'm being a bit more active than
passive as my goal is to use the language orally. I had my first impromptu conversation
yesterday and it went fairly. I recommend it -- I'm sure it would be easy to find many
zealous Esperantists willing to help you practice on Skype.
2 persons have voted this message useful

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6990 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 15 of 92
01 November 2012 at 3:55pm | IP Logged 
I wrapped up the first listen through to the audio in Teach Yourself Esperanto. I plan to come back to that book and set of recordings later.

I'm about 1/2 way through the L.L. Zamenhoff "First Book" on Esperanto from librivox.org. So far, the book has been more about the purpose of the language and the hope of the author. There was a chapter completely in Esperanto that was fun to decipher. Glancing ahead, I think the book becomes more instructional.

Going ahead, my plan is to finish listening to the "First Book" and make some mental notes about sections I may want to come back to, such as the one that was completely in Esperanto. (Actually, that is a section of a chaper, but as for the recording, that part of the chapter was broken out from the rest of the chapter). This is my "in the car" study.

My at home study will be to go through the http://lernu.net/ course called Bildoj kaj Demandoj (Pictures and Questions). I had downloaded the audio for that course some years ago, so it is easy to review in the car. They say this course is the direct method because it's all in Esperanto. To me, it's a bit like an FSI course because most of the sentences and grammar are unrelated to each other, other than that they share some grammatical similarity.

I plan to add the Vojagxu kun Zam (VKZ) audio to my background listening rotation. I don't see VKZ on the lernu site anymore, which is unfortunate. It's like a 21 lesson Assimil course in Esperanto with the text available in several different base languages.

Edited by luke on 01 November 2012 at 4:44pm

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5632 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 16 of 92
01 November 2012 at 7:06pm | IP Logged 
Luke, this thread goes about your experiences with the study of Esperanto. Other people are invited to comment and give advice, so I will transfer this thread to the Log Subforum. So now you have an Esperanto-log!

Kind regards,

Fasulye

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 92 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version