aru-aru
Triglot
Latvia
Joined 6268 days ago

244 posts - 331 votes 
Speaks: Latvian*, English, Russian

Message 9 of 245
28 June 2007 at 2:38pm | IP Logged 
A radio station in China has audio for a few Chinese novels on their website. http://www.radio.cn/yhtcpps/ There seem to be around 30 books there

This includes Dream of the Red Chamber (红楼梦) http://211.89.225.81/radioview/searchlist.jsp?keyd=%BA%EC%C2 %A5%C3%CE&x=29&y=11

Chinese:
http://24.6.223.65/download/literature/YMQH/HongLouMeng/red. html

English:
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/9603

2 persons have voted this message useful

kinoko
Tetraglot
Japan
Joined 6447 days ago

103 posts - 109 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Japanese, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 10 of 245
28 June 2007 at 9:56pm | IP Logged 
A technical problem. Do you manage to download the Japanese ones? I tried but was not able. The file extension is unknown. Do I need a special software to read those files? Or shall I convert them somehow?

Someone who was able to listen to those files, please help!

sheetz
United States
Joined 6188 days ago

270 posts - 356 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, French, Mandarin

Message 11 of 245
28 June 2007 at 10:03pm | IP Logged 
kinoko wrote:
A technical problem. Do you manage to download the Japanese ones? I tried but was not able. The file extension is unknown. Do I need a special software to read those files? Or shall I convert them somehow?

Someone who was able to listen to those files, please help!

I can listen to all of them using RealPlayer.

24karrot
Diglot
Groupie
United States
speakingboricua.blog
Joined 6195 days ago

72 posts - 74 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Russian

Message 12 of 245
28 June 2007 at 10:27pm | IP Logged 
This site offers some Persian material averaging 20 minutes long or so for adults and also has (more) stories for children. Best part though is that it's from my school! :)

I'm sure there are better sites out there for audiobooks in Persian but I'll have to ask around later.

kinoko
Tetraglot
Japan
Joined 6447 days ago

103 posts - 109 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Japanese, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 13 of 245
28 June 2007 at 10:33pm | IP Logged 
Thanks. I can download them too now. Apparently my search engine had blocked all the downloads.

It's a vast selection. I'd like to know from students of Japanese out there which they have chosen to study and why. What are you preferences?

FSI
United States
Joined 6170 days ago

550 posts - 590 votes 

Message 14 of 245
05 July 2007 at 11:09pm | IP Logged 
This site appears to contain dozens of Portuguese audiobooks + accompanying texts.

If anyone finds a French version of Alice in Wonderland, please let me know. I loved the Spanish version linked to on the first page.
3 persons have voted this message useful

siomotteikiru
Zaire
Joined 6172 days ago

102 posts - 242 votes 

Message 15 of 245
08 July 2007 at 11:08am | IP Logged 
He, he.

I like the idea.

To download ra files (ram is a text file containing the url of the audio file) and SAVE them to you PC you might want to use STREAMBOX VCR, a very handy proggy. SREAMBOX RIPPER can change the ra audio to wav or mp3.

I have parallel texts of Alice in Wonderland in English-French-Russian-Polish-Spanish-Italian-German.
I made them years ago when I was working on a method of learning a few languages at a time. I do not remember if I proofread them all properly.

Alice is one of my favourite books (a must for every mathematician, by the way), I once translated it literally into Polish and made grammatical codes, an excellent tool for complete beginners learning English, but you'd have to be a fluent speaker of Polish to appreciate it fully.

Rai books in Italian are abridged, with annoying music, but it is better than nothing.
Some time ago I made a parallel text of Il gattopardo by Lampedusa in Italian-Polish and marked all the recorded passages.
I have parallel texts of the book in English-Polish, too.

You can get plenty of unabridged audiobooks in Russian at ozon.ru, they are very cheap.

Edited by siomotteikiru on 08 July 2007 at 11:17am

The Law
United States
Joined 6186 days ago

31 posts - 31 votes

Message 16 of 245
08 July 2007 at 11:24am | IP Logged 
Any Alexandre Dumas books in French audio?

This discussion contains 245 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version