245 messages over 31 pages: 1 2 3 4 57 ... 6 ... 30 31 Next >>
FSI
United States
Joined 6141 days ago

550 posts - 590 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 41 of 245
15 July 2007 at 5:42pm | IP Logged 
I tried the links as well, and haven't gotten any of them to work. The site is still a fine source of Portuguese ebooks, but it appears useless for audiobooks.
1 person has voted this message useful

JasonChoi
Diglot
Korea, South
Joined 6141 days ago

274 posts - 298 votes 
Speaks: English*, Korean
Studies: Mandarin, Cantonese, Latin

Message 42 of 245
16 July 2007 at 10:01am | IP Logged 
For Korean learners, it seems audio books are mostly in English, or there are Korean audio books but those books are generally written in Korean.

However, I have a friend who will help me find at least something. Since my I could brush up on my Korean, if worse comes to worst, I'll see if I can get a native speaker who is willing to literally record his/her own voice so as make my own audio book.

It's about time I dramatically improve my fluency. :)

Edited by JasonChoi on 16 July 2007 at 10:07am

aru-aru
Triglot
Latvia
Joined 6239 days ago

244 posts - 331 votes 
Speaks: Latvian*, English, Russian

Message 43 of 245
16 July 2007 at 10:42am | IP Logged 
Portuguese: I am not having much luck with finding audiobooks and matching text either.

The best so far would be, i guess, the little prince from this site: http://www.podcast1.com.br/canal.php?codigo_canal=2142

I have the little prince .mp3 starting from part 6, but as the new parts are added, the previous ones disappear. Now it seems that part 12 is the last of the "old" ones surviving.

Texts:
http://www.triplov.org/walkyria/saint_exupery/capitulo1.html
http://home.kc.rr.com/slyon/por.html

The text seems to really be matching, i checked chapter 6.

English:
http://www.24en.com/fun/soul/2006-01-08/3390.html

Now an Agatha Christie novel is being added. I have not found a matching text yet.

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6221 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 45 of 245
17 July 2007 at 8:20am | IP Logged 
There are -tons- of audiobooks, including translations of English books, in Korean, or so some quick searching of the word '오디오북' (Korean for 'audiobook') suggests to me (unless there are quite a few Koreans who enjoy putting the word in the filenames of English audiobooks, in English, which is possible, but doesn't seem that likely). Unfortunately, I've only been able to find articles about audiobooks, file lists, and clearly pirate sources. I can't read Korean (not even the Hangul, much less for content), so I can't easily refine my queries to find good hits either. Hopefully someone else here can and will!

JasonChoi
Diglot
Korea, South
Joined 6141 days ago

274 posts - 298 votes 

Message 46 of 245
17 July 2007 at 9:34am | IP Logged 
I've done a search on major korean sites for audio books, but I haven't seen a single audio book in Korean, with an English translation. But there are plenty of Korean audio books, but without any translations.

There are also korean books with English translations, but no audio book. Is this confusing yet?? hehe

It's possible that I may've overlooked something. I hope someone proves me wrong :)

Edited by JasonChoi on 17 July 2007 at 9:41am

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6221 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 47 of 245
17 July 2007 at 9:55am | IP Logged 
On the commercial side, it looks to me as though there are translations of English books available in Korean as audiobooks on tape or CD, based on sites such as http://www.aladdin.co.kr/rss/new_all/6653. On the p2p side, there also looks to be quite a lot. Unfortunately, neither are what I'm looking for with this thread; but hopefully sites like the above can help you.

[Edit: On looking at that URL again, I'm not so sure that it has any -translated- audiobooks, and I don't know if any of the books with titles in Korean have been translated into English].

Edited by Volte on 17 July 2007 at 10:07am

JasonChoi
Diglot
Korea, South
Joined 6141 days ago

274 posts - 298 votes 

Message 48 of 245
17 July 2007 at 10:36am | IP Logged 
Thanks for posting that, but those are imports. The publishers give it away (Scholastic, Harper Collins, etc).

This discussion contains 245 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version