Groupie
Israel
Joined 5017 days ago

51 posts - 61 votes 
Speaks: Modern Hebrew*, English
Studies: Spanish

Message 209 of 245
10 August 2011 at 10:49pm | IP Logged 
I don´t know where do people find their audio books in Spanish i really don´t.
Other than Don quixote de la mancha which is pretty hard reading and el principito at alba learning i still have not found a good easy parallel text accompanied by audio.

I sent a message to Marcodiangelo who´s supposed to have some good books, but didn´t get a response yet.

Any ideas?
1 person has voted this message useful

Cabaire
Germany
Joined 5380 days ago

725 posts - 1352 votes 

Message 210 of 245
20 August 2011 at 1:04am | IP Logged 
Quote:
audiobookz.ru(Darobat)(Russian)
MP3. Over 3000 audiobooks. No length indications. Accompanying texts are sometimes on lib.ru and similar, according to Darobat.

Instead of books, the site is linked to bare-breasted women :-(. Is this a bug?

DavidW
Hexaglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6307 days ago

318 posts - 458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French, Italian, Persian, Malay
Studies: Russian, Arabic (Written), Portuguese, German, Urdu

Message 211 of 245
20 August 2011 at 4:14pm | IP Logged 
@talkl

If you can find a few books you'd like to read, of which the author died before 1941, I
will turn them into bilingual texts and put them up online. If there is a translation
in the UK public domain (ie translator died before 1941), I will use it, otherwise, I
will use Google Translate.

The Spanish/English texts that were on bilingual-texts.com where:

Alice in Wonderland
Don Quijote
Master and Margerita
The Little Prince
'El retrato de Dorian Gray'
The Metamorfosis

I can make texts for other languages too.

David

Edited by DavidW on 20 August 2011 at 4:56pm

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5043 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 212 of 245
20 August 2011 at 6:12pm | IP Logged 
@talkl for a good bilingual SP/ENG text on-line check this thread out.. Lazarillo Tormes Spanish/English

Many of us have no choice but to come up with somewhat ingenious methods to create materials we would like when the materials we want to use are not easily obtainable. The computer is a wonderful tool for language learners and can be used for so much more than just web browsing. I create my own bilingual texts. There are several ways to do so but you must embrace technology and know how to use an office suite program in order to make it happen.

One of the simplest ways, without using is to get pdf copies of whatever text in the target language (TL) and the translation. You then simply re-size them both until they both fit simultaneously left and right in your computer screen and line them up as best you can and scroll them both. Yes, that can be tedious and it isn't nearly as convenient as having a side by side printed work right in front of you, but hey, it is free!

I often make my own texts by creating a word/open office text document with two equal one row columns. I copy and paste text of the TL into the left hand side and do the same for the right hand side and then proceed to align them as best as I can. This works best for fewer pages rather than many pages, but I have done short books a chapter at a time. I then print this to pdf and load it up to my Kindle, which is a lot better for me than reading on a computer screen. This will take a few minutes of effort but as is said in Spanish- "vale la pena" it's worth the effort for me.

I do realize that many people don't want to stay parked in front of the computer screen for hours on end and that a lot of folks simply don't want to go through the hassle of doing what I have described in order to create their own parallel texts. This is what I do, for myself, to create my own bilingual texts. I enjoy doing it and I find the result to be useful.

DavidW
Hexaglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6307 days ago

318 posts - 458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French, Italian, Persian, Malay
Studies: Russian, Arabic (Written), Portuguese, German, Urdu

Message 213 of 245
20 August 2011 at 7:31pm | IP Logged 
Here's one I've done of Germinal (Zola). I've made a number of scipts, and I can churn
these texts out fairly quickly.

www.omilialanguages.com/hosted_files/germinal.pdf
4 persons have voted this message useful

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6220 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 214 of 245
24 August 2011 at 8:10pm | IP Logged 
Cabaire wrote:
Quote:
audiobookz.ru(Darobat)(Russian)
MP3. Over 3000 audiobooks. No length indications. Accompanying texts are sometimes on lib.ru and similar, according to Darobat.

Instead of books, the site is linked to bare-breasted women :-(. Is this a bug?

Yes. A moderator will have to fix it; I can't edit the post.

misslanguages
Diglot
France
fluent-language.blog
Joined 4627 days ago

190 posts - 217 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: German

Message 215 of 245
24 August 2011 at 9:41pm | IP Logged 
I think someone should check all the links that are on the list, and add the newer list to your first post, Volte.
That way, there will be not more bad surprises, and everybody will be able to download audiobooks faster.

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4578 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 216 of 245
09 October 2011 at 6:20am | IP Logged 
Hello!

I'm new to the forum, but I love it! Very inspiring. I'm studying a number of
languages, focusing on Japanese at the moment. I'm genuinely intrigued by
siomoittekiru's L-R technique, and I've been checking the links to the L-R method of
audio books. I'm getting ready to L-R in Japanese and see how it works for me, and I
loved the Japanese log of audiobooks and sites that I found. I'm psyched to find
"Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" with its parallel texts. But the audio link isn't
taking me anywhere. I can't seem to find it after searching online. Does anyone know
how I can get it, or if anyone would be willing to share a copy? I just love the story
and was so looking forward to L-Ring it.

Hope I hear from someone...I need help!

Thanks all, and good luck on your studies!

Ganbatte! :)

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 245 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version