Bilingual Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6158 days ago

164 posts - 167 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Written)*
Studies: French

Message 73 of 245
26 December 2007 at 7:24am | IP Logged 
This isn't an audiobook site as such, but this is a famous berber story I've found online, complete with english and french translations (and also in Tifinagh script, which is quite rare to find online):

http://www.amsiggel.com

I may just be the only person on here learning Berber, but this is just in case anybody is remotley interested in the sound of the language.

EDIT: It's the Tashelhit dialect (spoken primarily in Anti-Atlas of Morocco)

Edited by HTale on 26 December 2007 at 7:25am

1 person has voted this message useful

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6219 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 74 of 245
26 December 2007 at 7:57am | IP Logged 
HTale wrote:
This isn't an audiobook site as such, but this is a famous berber story I've found online, complete with english and french translations (and also in Tifinagh script, which is quite rare to find online):

http://www.amsiggel.com

I may just be the only person on here learning Berber, but this is just in case anybody is remotley interested in the sound of the language.

EDIT: It's the Tashelhit dialect (spoken primarily in Anti-Atlas of Morocco)

Added. Thank you so much. This is great; it sounds like a really good recording, it has the text in multiple scripts and languages, and it's a fascinating and beautiful language I was unlikely to hear otherwise. I loved Morocco when I visited it, so this brings back good memories as well, albeit only tangentially. Great find, and thank you for sharing!

aru-aru
Triglot
Latvia
Joined 6237 days ago

244 posts - 331 votes 
Speaks: Latvian*, English, Russian

Message 75 of 245
26 December 2007 at 12:49pm | IP Logged 
Quote:

哈利·波特与阿兹卡班的囚徒: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

http://www.radio.cn/yhtcpps/
This link here is a chinese radio station website. They have the recordings of the broadcasted book-reading shows or something, but as to all the practical purposes these are audiobooks, divided into 25 minute segments. They have 哈利波特与阿兹卡班的囚徒, 哈利波特与秘室 (chamber of secrets), 哈利波特与魔法石

Edited by aru-aru on 26 December 2007 at 12:50pm

ziedariana
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5977 days ago

19 posts - 28 votes
Speaks: English, Arabic (Written)*, French, Italian
Studies: Spanish

Message 76 of 245
28 December 2007 at 8:53am | IP Logged 
A valued member has already posted a link to Rai Radio3's "Il Terzo Anello" which contains audiobooks in Italian. If you think that doesn't satisfy your appetite, you can check here, for another stack of Italian audiobooks offered by Rai Radio1's "Fantasticamente"

I had to skim through 75 posts to make certain the link hasn't been posted by another member, so I hope someone can find it of use. I personally prefer radio talk shows to audiobooks. In my opinion, radio/tv shows that you can download are more beneficial to those who haven't reached a close to fluency level in their target language. For those interested in Italian, Radio24 podcasts its programs hourly; And I'm loving it.

Those commited podcasters, out there, have made our learning experience much more enjoyable.

Edit: Radio24 has stopped its hourly podcasts. The station has limited its podcasting to a few programs.

Edited by ziedariana on 09 February 2008 at 7:25pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

magic9man2
Diglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6409 days ago

149 posts - 153 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: Arabic (Written), Mandarin, French, Cantonese, Russian, Korean, Taiwanese, Arabic (Levantine)

Message 77 of 245
29 December 2007 at 4:34pm | IP Logged 
This should be really useful, thanks

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6219 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 78 of 245
23 January 2008 at 11:34am | IP Logged 
Thank you, aru-aru and ziedariana. I've added both of the sites you mentioned.

If a site isn't on the main list, feel free to mention it again; I try not to miss any, but I'm not always extremely quick to add them, and a few may have slipped through the cracks.

ChristopherB
Triglot
New Zealand
Joined 6096 days ago

851 posts - 1074 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: English*, German, French

Message 79 of 245
23 January 2008 at 7:29pm | IP Logged 
There are a couple on the previous page. :)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6377 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 80 of 245
23 January 2008 at 7:54pm | IP Logged 
I've been looking for audio content in European Portuguese and found http://everytongue.com. It's a religious site that, as obvious for the name, attempts to create recordings in all languages (or at least as many as possible).

This discussion contains 245 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version