United Kingdom
Joined 4542 days ago

31 posts - 31 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Dutch

Message 1 of 1
15 November 2018 at 2:24pm | IP Logged 
Hi all,

I’ve taken a break from language learning for a few years and am now in a situation where I’m ready to start
again - before I start I need to work out a few things with regards to choosing/using programs, and was
wondering if anyone here could help me answer these queries? I’ve searched around the forum quite a lot
but not found exactly what I was seeking:

1) Are there any families of language courses which include Spanish, French and Italian (and potentially
Portuguese of either variety) that teach the languages in a uniform manner (IE: all vocabulary and
constructions from one language would also be taught in the same order for the other two)?

2) What is the intended way to use a graded reader like “Spanish for Reading” by Sanberg for language
learning? Should I take writen notes, or is it entirely reading based?

3) Do the Pimsleur courses for French, Spanish and Italian use informal language at any point, or do they
stick with formal for the duration?

4) Is Linguaphone used in a similar way to Assimil? I’m intending to buy Linguaphone Dutch soon but can’t
find anywhere which lists instructions for use of the course.

Many thanks in advance for any help

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version