kaizen
Groupie
Canada
Joined 4717 days ago

48 posts - 52 votes 
Studies: French

Message 1 of 2
02 October 2017 at 1:32pm | IP Logged 
I know that this should probably be in the Internet Resources forum, but the last post in there was over a year ago, so I'm guessing nobody even looks at it.

I use Spanish.typeit.org on my laptop (Firefox) to add accents and inverted questions/exclamations, and have been doing so for a couple of years. However after a recent Firefox update (within the last week I think), the box where you type has disappeared from the site making the site unusable. I've checked the French and Italian versions as well, and they have the same problem.

I run NoScript and Privacy Badger, but those don't seem to be the issue. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered the same problem, or if anyone has any suggestions how I might fix it. I know there are alternative sites out there, so if I can't fix it, I'll use one of them. But it does exactly what I need so I'd prefer to keep using it if possible.

Thanks
1 person has voted this message useful

dampingwire
Bilingual Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4425 days ago

1185 posts - 1513 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian*, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 2 of 2
25 October 2017 at 12:03am | IP Logged 
I don't know if you've found the alternative forum at https://forum.language-learners.org/,
it's a little more active.

I've tried http://spanish.typeit.org/ on both Chrome and Firefox and it seems fine (nice big
box for me to type into and a few buttons above it for the slightly harder to type
characters).
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version