Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
bard
Joined 2960 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 4
29 March 2016 at 11:19pm | IP Logged 
Here we go! I will not start by detailing what I will do, but rather take suggestions and
talk first about what I have done. Of course, I will update to describe my progress and
highlight all helpful suggestions.
I don't yet even have A1 cerf level as I understand it. I have a book, "Spanish for
Dummies" by Susana Wald (yes, I am rather embarrassed to even say I own it, but yard sale
prices are hard to pass up). Anyway, I went through it and dog-eared certain parts. I DO
NOT think the book is very helpful, but it is entertaining.
I have started collecting bookmarks from all over the Internet and this forum. Give me
suggestions and I will soon post some other books and audio resources I have, along with
progress from using them.
1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6410 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 2 of 4
30 March 2016 at 12:52pm | IP Logged 
Hi! I wanted to wish you good luck on your studies. I see you are new here, so you might not be aware that
this forum has become fairly quiet after a series of difficulties due to old software. Most of us are over
here now. You're welcome to join us and start a log on the
new forum.
2 persons have voted this message useful

bard
Joined 2960 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes

Message 3 of 4
31 March 2016 at 7:43am | IP Logged 
Looks like I will be switching to the language learners' forum if that is where most are.
I don't have to have a big audience, but if I can get more help there and stay motivated
then that is what I will do. Anyway, for the time being I wanted to note what I did
today.
I have this other book, "Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish" by Margarita Madrigal. It seems
much more rigorous than the "Dummies" book. Today I did lesson ocho and am now on page
62! This is just supplimentary stuff until I get started on my real approach to learning
this language. This process will probably be to use an LR method which I will detail
later.

bard
Joined 2960 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes

Message 4 of 4
01 April 2016 at 7:49am | IP Logged 
I have yet another book: "Essential Spanish Grammar" by Seymour Resnick. I studied on
pronouns today and I am now on page veinte y tres. I like grammar studies and I believe
it will help me when I start my studies in earnest later on.

Okay, you can find the continuation of this log at language-learners.org

Edited by bard on 01 April 2016 at 8:03am

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version