aanhetleren
Australia
Joined 4784 days ago

17 posts - 18 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Dutch, Swedish

Message 1 of 3
15 January 2016 at 10:54am | IP Logged 
I have been watching a few American/British tv shows in German dub and with German subtitles and collecting phrases to put into Anki. This helps me keep my Anki lively and interesting, though translations obviously don't match up perfectly and I'd like to have more German cultural content.

Am wondering, do German dvds have subtitles for hearing impaired? This info is hard to find out from websites like amazon, though have noticed for a few products they give a picture of the back of the cover. The ones I've managed to find with readable details donät make any mention of subtitles. Here (in Australia), I think most dvds sold have subtitles/captions in English. If they don't, then this will nearly always (always?) be specified on the label.

Can anyone recommend any German shows or movies on dvd which do have German subtitles or captions in German for German dvd release? (I would rather buy dvds with subtitles than deal with downlowding subtitles for the time being.)
1 person has voted this message useful

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3811 days ago

507 posts - 1097 votes 
Studies: German

Message 2 of 3
15 January 2016 at 12:20pm | IP Logged 
Hello, aanhetleren:
I wonder if the following links might be of some help:

International Films in German.

WDR - Videos mith Untertiteln

Yabla TV

FluentU

Also, it seems to me that the "more active" HTLAL forum members are following the discussions on the new/replacement website: A Language Learners' Forum ... hint, hint!
3 persons have voted this message useful

aanhetleren
Australia
Joined 4784 days ago

17 posts - 18 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Dutch, Swedish

Message 3 of 3
15 January 2016 at 3:10pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the links Speakeasy :)

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version