Language Learning Forum : Specific Languages Post Reply
sevitzky
Korea, South
Joined 3479 days ago

5 posts - 5 votes
Studies: Korean

Message 1 of 3
16 September 2015 at 7:10pm | IP Logged 
I'm trying to input sentences into Anki for cloze deletion. The Right-to-Left nature
of
Arabic is messing up the Anki cloze process. I can manually do this, but I would like
to
work on MCD's with a lot of deletions, making the manual process a bit tedious.

Also, I'd like to add an English hint-word in the cloze, which also gets totally messed
up (do to right/left issues).

Any advice on this? I've done a lot of searches on this, and come up blank. Thank you
in advance.

I've used the cloze-card and the native Anki cloze function successfully, previously.

Edited by sevitzky on 16 September 2015 at 7:11pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Samer
Trilingual Tetraglot
Saudi Arabia
Joined 4972 days ago

1 posts - 3 votes
Speaks: Arabic (Written)*, Arabic (classical)*, Arabic (Gulf)*, English
Studies: Japanese

Message 2 of 3
17 September 2015 at 7:25pm | IP Logged 
From Anki's "Add" window, press "Cards..." to bring up the window where you can edit the css for the card. In the "Styling" part of the window you'll have something like this:

.card {
font-family: KozGoPro-Medium;
font-size: 26px;
text-align: center;
color: black;
direction: rtl;
background-color: lightblue;
}

Add the part in italics and choose an appropriate font. If you're using Windows, I suggest using "Sakkal Majalla". This takes care of the card. If you also want to have RTL text while you edit your cards, do the following:

From the "Add" window, choose "Fields..." from there you can change the editing font and mark each field individually as "Reverse text direction (RTL)".

Hope this helps.
3 persons have voted this message useful

sevitzky
Korea, South
Joined 3479 days ago

5 posts - 5 votes
Studies: Korean

Message 3 of 3
22 September 2015 at 4:23pm | IP Logged 
THANK YOU! You rule, dude.

For some reason, the one thing I didn't google was Anki's manual, "right to left".

But your instructions worked perfectly, and I can still type the English hint words into the Cloze format and it all
works. Beautiful!

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version