Diglot
United States
Joined 4819 days ago

38 posts - 58 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 1 of 3
16 July 2015 at 11:46pm | IP Logged 
Could someone please help me find the most recent version of Assimil German for English
speakers?

I've checked Assimil's website which I'm not sure is absolutely accurate.

You can provide the link or the ISBN No.

Thanks!!
1 person has voted this message useful

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3842 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 
Studies: German

Message 2 of 3
17 July 2015 at 1:24am | IP Logged 
As you're probably aware, Assimil, like many other publishers, issues "new editions" of their popular publications that, for all practical purposes, are identical to the previous editions in terms of content. Since I am a great fan of their method, I have purchased several "editions" of Assimil German in either an English base or in a French base, with the cherished hope of locating different "generations", only to find that I already possessed a copy of the course under a different date, ISBN number, and even author's name.

Having said that, I am reasonably confident that the current "generation" of Assimil German was authored by MARIA ROEMER. The ISBN will not be of much use because Assimil has already published several "editions" with separate ISBN's all of which have the same content in terms of texts and dialogues. They even published a recent edition using Maria Roemer's photograph along with the name of the previous author, neither of which appear on the Assimil website or on Amazon!

The lessons of the "current generation" of Assimil German are as follows:
1   Viel Gluck!
2   Im Hotel
3   Das Foto
4   Das Frühstuck im Café
5   Ein Telefongespräch
100 Ende gut, alles gut

I have the latest "generation" of Assimil German in French and in English and the cover matches the one displayed on the publisher's website: Assimil Website and on Amazon Website. However, the authors' names and ISBN's do not match ... nothing surprising here!

Finally, it seems to me that the current editions of Assimil German in both the French base and the English base have the same dialogues, which is something of a rare occurrence.

Order the latest copy quickly, before they issue another "new edition", and hope for best.

Edited by Speakeasy on 17 July 2015 at 1:26am

soclydeza85
United States
Joined 3697 days ago

357 posts - 502 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, French

Message 3 of 3
17 July 2015 at 2:16am | IP Logged 
ISBN: 978-2-7005-0553-5

Book Only:
http://www.amazon.com/Assimil-German-ease-Book/dp/2700505530 /ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437091941&sr=8-1&keywords=978270050 5535

Package:
http://www.amazon.com/German-Super-Pack-Book-Audio/dp/270058 0494/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1437091979&sr=8-2&keywords=assim il+german+with+ease
(it's currently out of stock but maybe you can contact them to find out when they will get more in. Or try ebay)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version