37 messages over 5 pages: 1 2 3 4
tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4466 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 33 of 37
19 April 2015 at 4:32am | IP Logged 
I once actually spun plates in a French circus as a child and succeeded. So maybe that
explains my HTLAL exploits?
2 persons have voted this message useful

1e4e6
Octoglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4049 days ago

1013 posts - 1588 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Dutch, Swedish, Italian
Studies: German, Danish, Russian, Catalan

Message 34 of 37
19 April 2015 at 5:02am | IP Logged 
To be honest, doing Portuguese concurrently with French, Spanish, and Italian is just
a minor multitasking operation. It is not like doing things literally at the same
time. I have a seriously bad habit of doing 3, 4, even 5 things at the same time
because I do not like wasting time on one thing.

At this very moment, I am watching El internado the Spanish drama, watcihng
Pauw and SpangaS on Uitzending Gemist, watching the replay broadcast of
a chess event taking place in Azerbaijan in Russian (though I understand basically
nothing) whilst trying to finish up Le Norvégien. It would be hell to just do
one of the things and then have to waste more time doing the other stuff one by one,
just like if one had to learn the 4 Romance languages one by one. I simply do not like
the prospect of having to be something like 70 years old before being proficient in
all of them instead of having started as a teenager and just go all four at the same
time.

Edited by 1e4e6 on 19 April 2015 at 5:04am

3 persons have voted this message useful

guiguixx1
Octoglot
Belgium
guillaumelp.wordpres
Joined 3851 days ago

163 posts - 207 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Dutch, Portuguese, Esperanto, German, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Polish, Mandarin

Message 35 of 37
04 October 2015 at 10:01pm | IP Logged 
I have finally decided to give Portuguese a try after all. I'm finishing my first week and have no interference problems (for now), and my Spanish is GREATLY helping me. Still, I will soon be needing massive listening input (I'm mostly Learning by writing to Brazilian friends and using Duolingo), but I don't know where to find Portuguese input... I would listen to it while cycling or walking. I would thus not Watch a video or have a text. Does anyone have a YouTube channel (to convert the video in MP3-file), or a website to find MP3-files to find A1-A2 input to listen to?
3 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 36 of 37
04 October 2015 at 11:28pm | IP Logged 
I like GLOSS, all lessons come with audio. See kuji's log too :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

guiguixx1
Octoglot
Belgium
guillaumelp.wordpres
Joined 3851 days ago

163 posts - 207 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Dutch, Portuguese, Esperanto, German, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Polish, Mandarin

Message 37 of 37
06 October 2015 at 10:47pm | IP Logged 
I can't seem to find downloadable audios on GLOSS, are they hiding it? ^^' I have maybe not searched enough haha.
I've been through a couple of page of kuji's log, but haven't found anything about downloadable audios in Portuguese :((

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 37 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version