Joined 3310 days ago

22 posts - 23 votes
Speaks: Italian*, English, GermanB2
Studies: Modern Hebrew

Message 1 of 4
30 March 2015 at 4:23pm | IP Logged 
Hi all,
I'm a new user from Italy.
I just want to say a pair of words to introduce me in this forum :)
I'm a 23 old boy and, even though I study physics, I have always been fascinated by languages and the new worlds they can open if we only talk with people of different countries.
I began with English (in Italy people must study English in school), but after three years, as I was 11, I began with a dream of mine, German. Soon I found that, in some sense, I loved German and German loved me, because I had quick improvements in my language skills ;)
As I was 18, I tried TestDaF because I wanted to study physics in Germany (at that time, I wanted to try to manage C2, and my only chance to do it was to live in Germany), but I failed one test (in one test I got level 3 of 5, but university wanted 4 in all 4 tests...) so I remained in Italy and gradually I began losing my language skills...
Now I registered here because of 3 things:
i) I want to study German again by myself
ii) I began just ten days ago to study Hebrew (by myself) and want to share my progresses, my frustration and so on with other people who love languages :)
iii) obviously, to speak with other people who love languages!

Eugen

(I hope you'll not find many errors in my presentation, now I'm a bit "rusty" with English and German because I use it only for reading scientifical articles, but I have no one to speak with)

Edited by eugen on 30 March 2015 at 4:24pm

1 person has voted this message useful

guiguixx1
Octoglot
Belgium
guillaumelp.wordpres
Joined 3873 days ago

163 posts - 207 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Dutch, Portuguese, Esperanto, German, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Polish, Mandarin

Message 2 of 4
30 March 2015 at 6:46pm | IP Logged 
Welcome in the community!

You can start a log if you want to list your progress ;)

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5043 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 3 of 4
30 March 2015 at 7:15pm | IP Logged 
Welcome to the forum, Eugen! I, too, suggest that you start a log, and also join the Advanced English Team to improve your English.

As a native speaker of English, I have some corrections on your post.

Eugen wrote:
I just want to say a pair (couple) of words to introduce me (myself) in (to) this forum

The forum isn't set up well for corrections. Lang8.com is the place to go to improve your written English by getting corrections. It is set up especially for this purpose.

Though your interest is scientific, I also recommend reading outside of scientific papers- books- fiction, novels, biographies, etc., in order to improve your English and German. Watching a television series in your languages can help a lot.

For speaking practice, many people are looking for a language exchange partner in Italian. There are websites devoted to language exchanges and perhaps someone here may be interested. Again, welcome to the forum!

Edited by iguanamon on 30 March 2015 at 7:19pm

eugen
Triglot
Italy
Joined 3310 days ago

22 posts - 23 votes
Speaks: Italian*, English, GermanB2
Studies: Modern Hebrew

Message 4 of 4
30 March 2015 at 9:45pm | IP Logged 
Thank you guiguixx1 and iguanamon for the welcome!
I will now try to understand (reading other posts) how to start a log and then I'll make it, thanks! (and so with the Advanced English Team)
Thank you for the corrections, I'm sure that this will be the first of a long series of posts in this forum ;)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version