Heptaglot
Norway
Joined 6378 days ago

2314 posts - 5695 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Cantonese
Studies: Czech, Latin, German

Message 1 of 2
07 January 2015 at 7:48pm | IP Logged 
I've been studying Portuguese for my trip to Cape Verde at the end of this month, and I'm pretty comfortable in the language at the moment. But all the movies and TV series I've watched have been in Brazilian Portuguese and the Portuguese spoken in Cape Verde is quite different. What to do?

Well, fortunately for me, there's a new novela in town, and it's from Angola (whose Portuguese is a lot closer to that of Cape Verde). Not only that, but it's availible legally for free online, and there's even a glossary of Angolan terms that are used in the show, since it's broadcast in Brazil as well and Brazilians may have trouble understanding it.

I thought I'd post the link here since maybe more people than me are interested in African/European Portuguese and have trouble finding stuff to watch.

http://tvbrasil.ebc.com.br/novelawindeck

I haven't watched that many novelas, and none in Portuguese, but quality-wise it's not bad, certainly comparable to the big Mexican telenovelas. The production is very professionally done and the acting is good, too.
5 persons have voted this message useful

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5058 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 2 of 2
07 January 2015 at 8:36pm | IP Logged 
Great find, Ari, thanks! Bem feito, Ari, muito obrigado! I've been looking for a new novela to watch. General info about Windeck on wikipedia pt.

I would also add that you can download free and legal radionovelas in mp3 and with a pdf transcript on a variety of topics with an African focus and Mozambican actors from Deutsche Welle. Each radionovela has at least 10 episodes and each episode is about 10 minutes long. The radionovelas are also available in English and French with transcripts.

Edited by iguanamon on 08 January 2015 at 1:09am

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version