Diglot
Sweden
Joined 5000 days ago

101 posts - 129 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: French

Message 1 of 5
23 February 2014 at 9:43pm | IP Logged 
I'm not at the level yet where I really can produce understandable texts in Esperanto so
I'm writing this in English. But what sites or persons are popular that produce material
in Esperanto? Any youtube-channels/persons you can recommend? Blogs?

Regards,

Fredrik
1 person has voted this message useful

Radioclare
Triglot
United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4365 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Esperanto
Studies: Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian

Message 2 of 5
26 February 2014 at 11:53pm | IP Logged 
If you aren't already using lernu.net I would highly recommend it. It doesn't have a blog but there is quite a lot of
Esperanto-language discussion in the forums, though the level of language varies as the site is primarily aimed at beginners.

I'm not a big user of Youtube but if you don't mind just audio rather than video I would recommend Muzaiko, which is a 24-
hour Esperanto radio station with music, news and interviews.

One of the most popular Esperanto websites is probably Libera Folio but it's focussed on the Esperanto movement, so I
wouldn't really recommend it unless this is something you are interested in.

One of the best blogs about Esperanto is this one which has lots of interesting information about culture,
but is in English.

If you use Twitter, I follow @esperanto and @Esperanto_feed, both of
which tweet links to Esperanto news around the web every day.

Bonŝancon :)
4 persons have voted this message useful

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6485 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 5
27 February 2014 at 12:05pm | IP Logged 
I have used Radio Verda for listening because I like the content - short clips about popular science, nature and culture (and not much about the Esperanto community itself)
5 persons have voted this message useful

dmaddock1
United States
Joined 5215 days ago

174 posts - 426 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Esperanto, Latin, Ancient Greek

Message 4 of 5
27 February 2014 at 6:00pm | IP Logged 
Varsovia Vento is also a good podcast.

Vinilkosmo is an esperanto record label. I recommend Martin kaj la talpoj, La perdita generacio, and Persone.

I haven't found any YouTube channels that are consistently good and regularly updated, but there is content scattered about.

And for whatever reason, there does seem to be a lot of esperanto activity on the ipernity social media site.
4 persons have voted this message useful

Radioclare
Triglot
United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4365 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Esperanto
Studies: Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian

Message 5 of 5
27 February 2014 at 11:55pm | IP Logged 
dmaddock1 wrote:
And for whatever reason, there does seem to be a lot of esperanto activity on the ipernity social media site.

I think ipernity became popular in the Esperanto world because it had a good Esperanto translation of its interface long before any other social networking sites (eg. Facebook). The translation is also quite good (as opposed to Facebook's, which is really, truly, dreadful).

I'm not a regular user of ipernity myself but I do recommend Sonbanko, which is a large collection of Esperanto audio from the library of the Esperanto Association of Britain (EAB). Because of some problems with ipernity's terms and conditions, there are plans on-going to move the content to be hosted elsewhere, but for the time being I think you can still listen to what has been uploaded previously.

That reminds me - if you are looking to get practice reading some Esperanto books at some point, EAB is in the process of putting the works of Claude Piron online for free download. The link is here and it's all legal; they have permission from his estate. There are some good detective stories on there which would make suitable reading practice for intermediate speakers.

5 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version