Language Learning Forum : Français Post Reply
Jazzy1979
France
Joined 3930 days ago

13 posts - 13 votes
Studies: English

Message 1 of 5
28 January 2014 at 11:37am | IP Logged 

I am looking for native English-speakers - or people who master English .
My goal is to translate french texts into English within 30-days (and beyond ) in order to improve my grammar . But i need a native speaker to correct my grammar and syntax so that i could see where are my mistakes and whether i have progressed or not . In exchange i would correct your french texts too if you will , all this with seriousness and application.

For those interested , please PM me .

1 person has voted this message useful

Jazzy1979
France
Joined 3930 days ago

13 posts - 13 votes

Message 2 of 5
28 January 2014 at 3:55pm | IP Logged 
I am disappointed - of the 20people who have already seen my thread , none of them is interested snifff.

Edited by Jazzy1979 on 28 January 2014 at 3:55pm

jhaberstro
United States
Joined 4143 days ago

112 posts - 154 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, Portuguese

Message 3 of 5
28 January 2014 at 8:50pm | IP Logged 
Give it a little bit of time, a few hours isn't much time on an internet forum ;).

Anyways, you might also try sites like lang8 and italki, which have sections devoted purely to text corrections.
Otherwise, I'd be happy to correct some on occasion if you were to post them here. I just can't currently commit to
being able to correct all of them.

Jazzy1979
France
Joined 3930 days ago

13 posts - 13 votes

Message 4 of 5
29 January 2014 at 11:26am | IP Logged 
jhaberstro wrote:
Give it a little bit of time, a few hours isn't much time on an internet forum ;).

Anyways, you might also try sites like lang8 and italki, which have sections devoted purely to text corrections.
Otherwise, I'd be happy to correct some on occasion if you were to post them here. I just can't currently commit to
being able to correct all of them.

Thank you for your advice !
I have tried Lang-8 , it is 8 days since my last text has been posted but hasn't been corrected yet , i am looking for more regular corrections .
Anyway thanks for offering your help .

Here is the text .

Nun unaware of her pregnancy !.
(The first part has been corrected , here is the second one ) .

According to the social worker who met with her , the freshly mum is fullfilled . The New York Times newspaper reports that sister Roxana Rodriguez alledgedly told her to " feel better as a mum than as a nun" ." I don't feel guilty whatsoever , and i defintely intend to keep and raise him " , "It's a gift from God " . "I am - however , worried about the media impact of this affair ". "I will never be able to go back to Salvador , let alone to Rieti " she added .

Back to secular life !

According to Italian newspapers , the father of the child is alledgedly a former youth beau of Roxana Rodriguez . She supposedly had encountered him when she was going back to Salvador on Marsh , in order to have her passport redo . The man has not heard of the child yet .

Edited by Jazzy1979 on 29 January 2014 at 11:26am

icemanfresh
Diglot
Philippines
Joined 3681 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes
Speaks: EnglishC2, Tagalog*
Studies: French

Message 5 of 5
20 February 2014 at 5:18am | IP Logged 
Hello. This is three weeks late (because I signed up recently) but I'm willing to help if
you still need it. :) I'm fluent in English and also a beginner in French.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version