United Kingdom
germanic.eu/
Joined 4159 days ago

119 posts - 182 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Norwegian, Old English

Message 17 of 18
12 January 2016 at 12:53pm | IP Logged 
I only lived and worked for 3 weeks in Norway (Oslo) but loved it. I spent a year in Sweden and 6 months in Denmark. All have their charms, in my view.

I would dearly like to see a lot more of Norway. 25% of the M.A. I did at the end of the 90s was the translation of modern Norwegian Bokmål. Now I want to get better acquainted with, and better at using, the *spoken* language. My biggest regret is that I didn't learn to speak much Norwegian, whereas I have spent countless hours translating it for money (and Danish and Swedish).

Nynorsk is fascinating, too, especially from the point of view of its vocabulary (closer to Icelandic and Faroese in some respects).

Ha det bra alle sammen!

1 person has voted this message useful

cords05
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 3100 days ago

15 posts - 20 votes
Speaks: English, Swedish*
Studies: Russian

Message 18 of 18
14 January 2016 at 12:35pm | IP Logged 
Heja Norge! :)
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 18 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version