Joined 4445 days ago

1185 posts - 1513 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian*, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 9 of 158
03 January 2014 at 1:19am | IP Logged 
vonPeterhof wrote:
or maybe even the Kanken.

Wow. I was impressed with you getting to N2 in ~3 years and being willing to tackle N1 too. But the Kanken is
tough for native speakers (or at least the higher levels are - they do love their tests over there don't they!).

Anyway, it'll be interesting to follow your progress this year.

1 person has voted this message useful

vonPeterhof
Tetraglot
Russian FederationRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4552 days ago

715 posts - 1527 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, EnglishC2, Japanese, German
Studies: Kazakh, Korean, Norwegian, Turkish

Message 10 of 158
03 January 2014 at 9:14am | IP Logged 
dampingwire wrote:
vonPeterhof wrote:
or maybe even the Kanken.

Wow. I was impressed with you getting to N2 in ~3 years and being willing to tackle N1 too. But the Kanken is
tough for native speakers (or at least the higher levels are - they do love their tests over there don't they!).
Hehe, well, it's but a pipe dream for me at this stage, but one is allowed to dream, right? :)

The BJT sounds both more realistic and practical, but with their limited number of test sites it would probably only make sense to take it if I were already living in Japan. Sure I could try to take it in a country that we don't need a visa to travel to, but the airfare to Thailand and Vietnam would still be unreasonable if I were to travel there just for the test.

Speaking of visas, now that South Korea has just eliminated the visa requirement for Russian tourists I've once again given in to wanderlust and added Korean to my "Studies" list. 申し訳ございません m(_ _)m. It's always been on my hitlist, being one of my heritage languages, and I can already read Hangul, so now I feel like it would be a sin not to learn it. Japanese is still my top priority though, so for now my Korean learning will be limited to 10-20 minutes a day on talktomeinkorean.com.

vonPeterhof
Tetraglot
Joined 4552 days ago

715 posts - 1527 votes 

Message 11 of 158
03 January 2014 at 11:10am | IP Logged 
A quick update before I have to run to the cinema to watch The Hobbit: I've just posted an entry on lang-8 - My Top 10 Anime list of 2013, part 1 (10-8). Let's see if my writing got any better in the last 11 months or so...

vonPeterhof
Tetraglot
Joined 4552 days ago

715 posts - 1527 votes 

Message 12 of 158
04 January 2014 at 5:27pm | IP Logged 
Posted the next part: My Top 10 Anime list of 2013, part 2 (7-4). Meanwhile the first part got corrected by one person. There apparently weren't many serious errors, but I did forget to use the polite forms at the ends of first clauses of complex sentences twice. I guess that's one of the risks of studying the plain form as the default.

vonPeterhof
Tetraglot
Joined 4552 days ago

715 posts - 1527 votes 

Message 13 of 158
06 January 2014 at 12:18pm | IP Logged 
On Saturday night I went to the cinema for a Miyazaki all-nighter. They showed もののけ姫, 天空の城ラピュタ and となりのトトロ. Unfortunately the second movie was dubbed and they didn't show the last 30 or so minutes of the third one because they started late and went overtime, but it was still pretty fun. Then I spent most of Sunday sleeping, visiting relatives and catching up on 咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 before the start of the new season, 咲-Saki- 全国編. Have been trying to write the final part of my Top 10 list since I got up this morning, but I ran into a bit of writer's block. Tried to get out of it by watching a few scenes from 進撃の巨人, ended up wasting an hour on it (totally worth it though). I will do the team challenge after I'm done with the list, I promise.

Edited by vonPeterhof on 06 January 2014 at 12:20pm

vonPeterhof
Tetraglot
Joined 4552 days ago

715 posts - 1527 votes 

Message 14 of 158
07 January 2014 at 9:12pm | IP Logged 
Finally posted the final part: My Top 10 Anime list of 2013, part 3 (3-1). I hope no one gets too mad at me for only giving 進撃の巨人 the third place :) I'm afraid this exercise has exhausted me, so I'll have to leave the 自己紹介 until a bit later. I'll try to do it tomorrow, before our obscenely long winter break ends and I have to go back to work.

In other news, I've finally caught up with コッペリオン, which means I'll be putting it on hold either until they make a second season of the anime (which I don't find very likely) or until I'm up to date with all the other manga on my list. For now I'll resume reading 私がモテないのはどう考えてもお前らが悪い !, or ワタモテ for short. I've also started checking out the shows of the new anime season. Aside from 咲-Saki- 全国編 everything seems a bit underwhelming so far. Okay, となりの関くん is pretty funny (not to mention the fact that 90% of the lines in it are said by my favourite voice actress), but the episodes are only seven minutes long. There also aren't many shows with readily available Japanese subs - the only ones up on kitsunekko right now seem to be for フューチャーカード バディファイト, in which I'm not interested. At least we still have ログ・ホライズン, ダイヤのA and サムライフラメンコ.

nandemonai
Diglot
BelgiumRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3953 days ago

101 posts - 116 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: Japanese, Mandarin

Message 15 of 158
08 January 2014 at 12:48am | IP Logged 
vonPeterhof wrote:
I've also started checking out the shows of the new anime season. Aside from
咲-Saki- 全国編 everything seems a bit underwhelming so far. Okay, となりの関くん is pretty funny (not
to mention the fact that 90% of the lines in it are said by my favourite voice actress), but the episodes
are only seven minutes long. There also aren't many shows with readily available Japanese subs - the
only ones up on kitsunekko right now seem to be for フューチャーカード バディファイト, in which I'm not
interested. At least we still have ログ・ホライズン, ダイヤのA and サムライフラメンコ.

Don't forget about Season 2 of 銀の匙, I saw in your summary of 2013 that you liked the first season.
Not sure if it will have Japanese subs though. It has them for season 1, so there's hope.

vonPeterhof
Tetraglot
Joined 4552 days ago

715 posts - 1527 votes 

Message 16 of 158
08 January 2014 at 7:39am | IP Logged 
Oh, I'm definitely looking forward to that one! And yes, since it's a noitaminA show chances are that the second season will also have J-subs.

This discussion contains 158 messages over 20 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version