Joined 5116 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 441 of 464
07 December 2014 at 1:05am | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:
Glad you liked it, chokofingrz! :)

Cristina, didn't you forget something? ;)

What? You mean like actually writing something? :-)

I was going to say that I want to be on the Russian team next year too - I hope to see Josquin as the captain
of the team next year as well, and to see some more people from the team continue, and look forward to
fresh blood in the shape of enthusiastic new team members.

I think those were my main points :-)
1 person has voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4626 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 442 of 464
07 December 2014 at 2:31pm | IP Logged 
I'm glad you all liked the meeting. I also thought it was very nice. I hope to repeat it next year.

Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Josquin wrote:
Glad you liked it, chokofingrz! :)

Cristina, didn't you forget something? ;)

What? You mean like actually writing something? :-)

Yep, that's what I meant. :)

Quote:
I was going to say that I want to be on the Russian team next year too - I hope to see Josquin as the
captain of the team next year as well, and to see some more people from the team continue, and look forward to
fresh blood in the shape of enthusiastic new team members.

Thanks! I'd be glad to be captain of the next Russian team again - of course, only if the team wants me. I also
hope too see a mixture of well-known and new faces on the new team.

Edited by Josquin on 07 December 2014 at 2:32pm

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4626 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 443 of 464
14 December 2014 at 11:33am | IP Logged 
I would like to remind you that the end (of the TAC) is near! Please wrap up this year's language learning activities in your logs and write an End-of-the-Year Summary! After writing it, please post a link to your summary in the Team Thread, thank you!

Also, the Christmas Challenge is still running until December 25th. So please tell us how you usually celebrate Christmas in Russian!

Edited by Josquin on 14 December 2014 at 12:09pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4626 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 444 of 464
14 December 2014 at 4:12pm | IP Logged 
I just wrote my summary for 2014.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5129 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 445 of 464
14 December 2014 at 4:26pm | IP Logged 
Привет!

I apologize for basically disappearing for most of the year but what with my other languages, the Super Challenge and real life I simply couldn’t keep up with Russian and Team Катюша, even after I changed my status from “active” to “observer” back at the end of March.

However, you guys have done a great job this year and this team is still probably the most vibrant in the whole TAC’14. Congrats to you all for that and kudos in particular to Josquin for the excellent work he’s done leading the team (being the team leader for Asgard myself, I know what that means).

I haven’t decided yet what to do with my Russian in 2015 and so I don’t know if I’ll join you next year but I’m truly happy to see many familiar names already signed up for TAC’15 with Russian. Whether I’ll be part of the TAC or not, I feel that I’ve become friends with many of you over the past couple of years, so I’m sure we’ll still keep in touch in the logs here anyway.

I wish everyone merry Christmas and a fantastic 2015!

2 persons have voted this message useful

geoffw
Triglot
United States
Joined 4470 days ago

1134 posts - 1865 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Yiddish
Studies: Modern Hebrew, French, Dutch, Italian, Russian

Message 446 of 464
14 December 2014 at 8:33pm | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:
I would like to remind you that the end (of the TAC) is near! Please wrap up this year's language learning activities in your
logs and write an End-of-the-Year Summary! After writing it, please post a link to your summary in the Team Thread, thank you!

Also, the Christmas Challenge is still running until December 25th. So please tell us how you usually celebrate Christmas in Russian!

I also have posted a summary for this
year.

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5338 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 447 of 464
15 December 2014 at 4:54am | IP Logged 
The prodigal truffle pig returns...apologies for my hiatus guys, and here's my summary for 2014. С Наступающим Новым Годом!!!

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4579 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 448 of 464
15 December 2014 at 5:00am | IP Logged 
Hi! So glad to come back here and see everybody as driven as ever. I was unable to
participate as well as I should have on the team, regrettably, and I realized I was
spreading myself too thin by joining more than one team, especially now that I'm
studying for my medical board exams, doing a graduate degree, and working a full-time
job. I'll still be studying Russian, but I'll take my time with it and not stress
myself out too much trying to perform and trying to come up with something novel to
say about my progress on my log. My focus will be Japanese for the most part, Russian,
and maybe a smattering of Korean, simply because it's a language I hope to study in
the future. I love the Russian team, and how on fire you all are, and I'll miss this
team I've been on for three years now :( But I'll definitely keep an eye out for
everyone's progress, regardless of which team I'm on.
I'll post a summary on my log and link to it soon enough. So glad to see everyone back
and pumped!

This discussion contains 464 messages over 58 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version