Germany
Joined 4630 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 345 of 464
08 June 2014 at 12:38pm | IP Logged 
Hi guys,

I just wanted to inform you that the Admin has reactivated Josquin, so I'm back with my old profile. Of course, this poses questions about my Pro Membership and what do to with the Lassus profile in general, but, anyway, it's good to be back in my old reincarnation.

Please keep reporting in! ;)
3 persons have voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5120 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 346 of 464
08 June 2014 at 3:04pm | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:
Hi guys,

I just wanted to inform you that the Admin has reactivated Josquin, so I'm back with my old profile. Of course,
this poses questions about my Pro Membership and what do to with the Lassus profile in general, but,
anyway, it's good to be back in my old reincarnation.

Please keep reporting in! ;)

That is great! I do prefer to think of you as Josquin :-)
1 person has voted this message useful

chokofingrz
Pentaglot
England
Joined 4975 days ago

241 posts - 430 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Catalan, Luxembourgish

Message 347 of 464
08 June 2014 at 4:21pm | IP Logged 
I'm still studying quite intensively. I have a class once a week which gives an hour of homework exercises. I'm reading Маленький Принц on the web, also reading a graded reader called Тамань and occasionally some texts on Lingocracy. I'm watching the series Кухня online, and 1-2 films with subtitles per week. I currently listen to the podcasts A Taste of Russian and RussianPodcast.eu, and I also try to do five Assimil lessons per week (I just reached 50, the halfway point). Meanwhile I'm slipping behind, but still trying to keep up with my Penguin Russian book and lessons on LearnRussian.rt.com, where I've completed 35. Occasionally I write short texts and get them corrected on Lang-8. And then there is an Anki deck to finish creating and dozens of other study materials I feel like I should be using more.

I honestly have no idea where the time and motivation comes from to do all this!

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5342 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 348 of 464
08 June 2014 at 8:23pm | IP Logged 
I officially start my 2 week "Russian Boot Camp" tomorrow. My main activity will be to study episodes of Kuhnya using Leosmith's (and his tutor's) cool transcripts each day, and then watch them with my wife in the evening. I'm also switching to speaking and thinking only in Russian as much as possible for the duration of the project.

Much like you guys, I've got some intermediate resources to keep me busy, just in case there's any time left over between preparing and watching episodes of Kuhnya. This includes text and audio from "A Spoonful of Russian", and a bunch of short easy readers I recently bought from Red Kalinka.

@Cristina
I love how you measure your Russian resources now in physical metres! ;)

Edited by Teango on 08 June 2014 at 8:24pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4630 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 349 of 464
08 June 2014 at 8:38pm | IP Logged 
Teango wrote:
a bunch of short easy readers I recently bought from Red Kalinka.

Hey, those look great! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4583 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 350 of 464
10 June 2014 at 7:14am | IP Logged 
I'm still keeping up with Russian, but haven't been hanging around the forum for some
time due to my medical boards, which are eating up a huge chunk of my time. I'm at lesson
50 of Assimil, and watching some Masha on Youtube. I'd watch adult stuff, but at the end
of a long day full of biochemistry, I have no real desire for anything serious, or
remotely adult :) I'm also reading a couple of easy readers I borrowed from the local
library. It's a very slow process, but hopefully after I'm done with my boards, I'll be
able to scale up on my Russian. That said, I'm glad I've at least been consistent with
the language. I'll try my best to keep up with everybody's individual logs, too. Missed
everyone and can't wait to see what y'all have been up to!

Great to have you back, Josquin! Lassus was way cool, but I got used to thinking of you
as Josquin :D

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4583 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 351 of 464
10 June 2014 at 7:36am | IP Logged 
Wow, thanks for pointing us to these amazing readers, Teango! Much appreciated :)

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4952 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 352 of 464
10 June 2014 at 9:21pm | IP Logged 
I'm in peace with Russian now. I'm learning a bit each day, though I don't think extensive reading is helping much at this stage. When I read a Russian paragraph, I simply can't figure out the context.

I'm still working on Méthode 90 and after this one I might try an intermediate textbook such as Living Language. I'm also working with Russianpod101's podcasts (currently at the intermediate level).

This discussion contains 464 messages over 58 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version