Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4603 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 25 of 464
03 January 2014 at 11:22am | IP Logged 
Great introductions, everybody! I will post mine soon.

@Kerrie: Sorry for missing your signing up. This year, the whole signing-up process was a little bit chaotic. I have added your log to our team roster.
2 persons have voted this message useful

chokofingrz
Pentaglot
England
Joined 4948 days ago

241 posts - 430 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Catalan, Luxembourgish

Message 26 of 464
06 January 2014 at 1:57am | IP Logged 
Well here's my short intro of sorts… I haven't started my Russian studies yet but I've been gathering materials and planning to start very soon. My background in Russian is completing Memrise's First 500 Words course a year ago, watching films and picking up a couple of colloquial phrases - so let's just call it A0!

I have copies of Assimil, The Penguin Russian Course and the Princeton course, and will be using all three as well as a variety of other methods (Memrise, Anki, websites, plenty of films, videos and podcasts too). There's a class near me that starts in two weeks so if I enrol in that I know it will motivate me. Study time will not be abundant this year but I'll try my best. Logging-wise, my plan is to start my thread soon, and post just one log update at around the middle of each month - thus 12 posts in total for the year.

I'm looking forward to seeing what inspiration this group will give me - I can already see that it will be educational just reading (or trying to read) some of the posts you guys write in Russian. My wish is to have enough words to be able to take part in a Team Kатюша Skype chat this year.

Спасибо и до свидания!
1 person has voted this message useful

Cristianoo
Triglot
Brazil
https://projetopoligRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3880 days ago

175 posts - 289 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, FrenchB2, English
Studies: Russian

Message 27 of 464
06 January 2014 at 3:12am | IP Logged 
привет!

This team is still accepting newcomers? Do you accept all levels? I'm only beginning

I'm studying with Pimsleur + Assimil + The Penguin Russian Course

Edit: This is my first TAC!

My goal is to take some vacations in Russian in 2015 with my wife and survive there :)

Спасибо

Edited by Cristianoo on 06 January 2014 at 3:17am

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4603 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 28 of 464
06 January 2014 at 11:40am | IP Logged 
Cristianoo wrote:
привет!

This team is still accepting newcomers? Do you accept all levels? I'm only beginning

My goal is to take some vacations in Russian in 2015 with my wife and survive there :)

Спасибо

Sorry, this team is full and we can't accept any new members. But you can join the Balto-Slavonic team
jäne/ledús if you want.

@everyone: I'm having problems with my Internet connection, so I probably won't post much during the
next few days. However, I would like to give you the January challenge:

Please write a self-introduction of at least five sentences in Russian and post it here or in your log (in
this case, please link it here). Please provide an English translation of your Russian text. Try to use the
constructions you already know and tell as much about yourself as possible. If you're an absolute
beginner, you may write it in English.

Please post your Russian self-introduction by January 31!

Edited by Josquin on 06 January 2014 at 11:43am

Zerzura
Groupie
Australia
Joined 4274 days ago

45 posts - 53 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian

Message 29 of 464
06 January 2014 at 2:46pm | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:
Cristianoo wrote:
привет!

Спасибо

Sorry, this team is full and we can't accept any new members. But you can join the Balto-Slavonic team
jäne/ledús if you want.

@everyone: I'm having problems with my Internet connection, so I probably won't post much during the
next few days. However, I would like to give you the January challenge:

Please write a self-introduction of at least five sentences in Russian and post it here or in your log (in
this case, please link it here). Please provide an English translation of your Russian text. Try to use the
constructions you already know and tell as much about yourself as possible. If you're an absolute
beginner, you may write it in English.

Please post your Russian self-introduction by January 31!

https://soundcloud.com/bluceree201/rubbish-russian-language

Hello my name is Brodie and I am from Australia. I really like the Russian language because in August I was in Moscow and Petersburg. Ah uh. They say Moscow is busy but I loved it and also Peterbug. Maybe this year I will travel to Vladivostok and Siberia. I dream to speak Russian well!

Could be better but there you go, my other introduction still stands in addition!
3 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 30 of 464
06 January 2014 at 3:19pm | IP Logged 
Zerzura, great, just great! A little work with stresses (август, etc), more speed - and it'll be very nice Russian, IMHO :)

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4815 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 31 of 464
06 January 2014 at 3:29pm | IP Logged 
More speed is not needed. I did not understand the word on the 26th second мне ...
во ВладивостОк the stress is on the last syllable. Москва очень занята. "занята" is probably an incorrect word here. But in general that's good.

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4815 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 32 of 464
07 January 2014 at 9:00am | IP Logged 
С Рождеством!

4 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 464 messages over 58 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version