Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
464 messages over 58 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 ... 57 58 Next >>
zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5043 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 97 of 464
24 January 2014 at 12:52am | IP Logged 
Thanks Serpent, that was very interesting. I learned a lot!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6941 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 98 of 464
29 January 2014 at 9:37pm | IP Logged 
A couple of years ago I posted a link to the online videos and transcripts in several foreign languages at LangMedia.

Since I first stumbled on the site, the colleges involved have added more videos (and their transcripts). For your interest, here are the Russian ones:

CultureTalk
Kazakhstan
(most of the videos that I sampled are in Russian with transcripts accompanied by translations to English. For better or worse, only a few discussions are in Kazakh)
CultureTalk Kyrgyzstan (all of the videos that I sampled are in Russian with transcripts accompanied by translations to English. For better or worse, I didn't see any videos in Kygryz)
CultureTalk Tajikistan (all of the videos that I sampled are in English or Russian with Russian transcripts accompanied by translations to English. For better or worse, I didn't see any videos in Tajik)
CultureTalk Turkmenistan (all of the videos that I sampled are in one of English, Russian or Turkmen with non-English transcripts accompanied by translations to English)

Enjoy.

P.S. I've noticed that a few of the cultural videos about Ukraine are given in Russian too. Possibly of interest could be the videos about how to make blintzes and pelmeni or summary of holidays in the country.

Edited by Chung on 30 January 2014 at 4:09am

YnEoS
United States
Joined 4039 days ago

472 posts - 893 votes 
Studies: German, Russian, Cantonese, Japanese, French, Hungarian, Czech, Swedish, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish

Message 99 of 464
30 January 2014 at 2:09am | IP Logged 
I've only been doing passive studying so far, but I decided to slide under the deadline and attempt to put together a Russian introduction for the January challenge. Appreciate any corrections and notes.

http://soundcloud.com/ryansmallwood/russian-introduction

Почему учу русский язык? Потому что мне нравитса славянские фильмы. польские фильмы, чешский фильмы, украинский фильмы и конечно русские фильмы, всё хорошо. Но сначала я буду учить русский язык. Потому что есть так многие хорошие русские учебники.

Why do I study Russian? Because I love Slavic films. Polish films, Czech films, Ukrainian films, and of course Russian films, all are good. But first I will learn Russian. Because there are so many good Russian textbooks.

Edited by YnEoS on 30 January 2014 at 2:13am

1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4019 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 100 of 464
30 January 2014 at 5:15am | IP Logged 
YnEoS wrote:

Почему учу русский язык? Потому что мне нравитса славянские фильмы. польские фильмы, чешский фильмы, украинский фильмы и конечно русские фильмы, всё хорошо. Но сначала я буду учить русский язык. Потому что есть так многие хорошие русские учебники.

Почему я учу русский язык - you can drop out subject, but it's more likely to happen during the dialogue, not the introduction/ monologue.
Потому что мне нравятся славянские фильмы: польские, чешские, украинские и, конечно, русские - все хороши - I mostly transformed adjectives to plural, rebuild the sentence in order to avoid multiple repeats.
Но сначала я буду учить русский язык, потому что есть так много хороших учебников русского языка - it's not usual for us to separate complex sentence if it contains subordinate sentence.

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4841 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 101 of 464
30 January 2014 at 3:02pm | IP Logged 
YnEoS wrote:
I've only been doing passive studying so far, but I decided to slide
under the deadline and attempt to put together a Russian introduction for the January
challenge. Appreciate any corrections and notes.

introduction">http://soundcloud.com/ryansmallwood/russian-in troduction

Почему учу русский язык? Потому что мне нравитса славянские фильмы. польские фильмы,
чешский фильмы, украинский фильмы и конечно русские фильмы, всё хорошо. Но сначала я
буду учить русский язык. Потому что есть так многие хорошие русские учебники.

Why do I study Russian? Because I love Slavic films. Polish films, Czech films,
Ukrainian films, and of course Russian films, all are good. But first I will learn
Russian. Because there are so many good Russian textbooks.

The word "польские" is hard to understand. Your л is hard (must be soft, the same
mistake in the word фильмы), the stressed vowel is wrong. I wouls say the last sentence
like that: Но сначала я буду учить русский язык, потому что по нему (есть) много
хороших учебников. The intonation should be changed. For example, the word русский is
emphasized in the prelast sentence, isn't it? You'll learn the RUSSIAN language, not
any other Slavic language, right? The are some other small drawbacks in pronunciation,
if you want, I can tell you about them.
I like some of your sounds, you probably worked a lot at your Russian pronunciation.

YnEoS
United States
Joined 4039 days ago

472 posts - 893 votes 
Studies: German, Russian, Cantonese, Japanese, French, Hungarian, Czech, Swedish, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish

Message 102 of 464
30 January 2014 at 3:30pm | IP Logged 
Марк wrote:
The are some other small drawbacks in pronunciation,
if you want, I can tell you about them.

Oh yes, if you're willing to go into more detail, please do so. All the feedback so far has been really helpful.

milesaway
Triglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4116 days ago

134 posts - 181 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, Russian
Studies: Finnish, Sign Language

Message 103 of 464
31 January 2014 at 4:55pm | IP Logged 
Меня зовут Джессика. Мне 28 лет. Я родилась и выросла в Канаде, но теперь я живу и
работаю в России. Я преподаватель английского языка. Уже несколько лет изучаю русский,
но мой уровень пока намного ниже чем должен быть.
В этом году, я хочу сделать много, во-первых, у меня проблемы с глаголами, особенно с
глаголами движения. Мне тяжело понимать, когда нужен совершенный вид глагола и когда
нужен несовершенный вид. Во-вторых, я хочу делать меньше ошибок. Я говорю с ошибками, и
хотя это нормально, мне всё равно хочется говорить лучше. Это не значит что я думаю
что буду говорить как носитель, конечно нет, но я уже три года живу в Санкт-Петербурге,
давно пора нормально говорить.
Я не знаю какой у меня сейчас уровень, но я хотела бы сдать экзамен третьего уровня в
следующем году, то есть С1. Думаю что это возможно, но посмотрим.

Я хотела сказать всё это, но я стесняюсь. Может следующий раз получится?

My name is Jessica. I’m 28 years old. I was born and raised in Canada, but I now live
and work in Russia. I’m an English teacher. I’ve been studying Russian for a few years
now, but my level is much lower than it should be.
I hope to accomplish a lot this year. Firstly, I’ve got problems with verbs, especially
verbs of motion. I also find it difficult to understand when to use a perfective verb,
and when to use an imperfective verb. Secondly, I want to make fewer mistakes. I make
mistakes when I speak, and although that’s normal, I still want to speak better. It
doesn’t mean that I think I’m going to speak like a native speaker, of course not, but
I’ve been living in St. Petersburg for 3 years now, so I think it’s time that I start
speaking “normally”.
I don’t know what my current level is, but I would like to take the third exam next
year, which is C1. I think it's feasible, but we'll see.

I wanted to say all this and record it, but I'm shy, so maybe next time?

Edited by milesaway on 31 January 2014 at 6:06pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4841 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 104 of 464
31 January 2014 at 5:59pm | IP Logged 
"Я хотела сказать всё это, но я стесняюсь. Может следующий раз получиться"
Я хотела (сказать и) записать всё это... Может, в следующий раз получится?
The mistake in the last word is an indicator that you become really Russian: such
mistakes are typical for native Russian speakers.
Зря стесняетесь. Уверен, что произношение у вас не хуже, чем умение писать тексты!

Edited by Марк on 31 January 2014 at 6:02pm

This discussion contains 464 messages over 58 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version