Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4632 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 9 of 168
12 December 2013 at 1:40pm | IP Logged 
Your main task as the leader of the team is hosting the team thread and trying to keep everyone motivated when the team starts to fizzle out. Some teams organize small challenges or Skype sessions. If you'd like to do that you can, but you don't have to. You can have a look at some team threads to get an idea how it works.

In any case, I'd vote for you.

@mrwarper: Will there soon be a little bit more information on this thread? ;-)
1 person has voted this message useful

dampingwire
Bilingual Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4453 days ago

1185 posts - 1513 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian*, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 10 of 168
12 December 2013 at 8:58pm | IP Logged 
Cool - a Japanese team thread. I was beginning to worry :-)

I'll join if I may.

Thanks.

vonPeterhof
Tetraglot
Russian FederationRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4560 days ago

715 posts - 1527 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, EnglishC2, Japanese, German
Studies: Kazakh, Korean, Norwegian, Turkish

Message 11 of 168
12 December 2013 at 9:37pm | IP Logged 
I guess I also need to report for duty here. vonPeterhof, 登場!

kujichagulia
Japan
Joined 4635 days ago

1031 posts - 1571 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Portuguese

Message 12 of 168
13 December 2013 at 6:54am | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:
Your main task as the leader of the team is hosting the team thread and trying to keep everyone motivated when the team starts to fizzle out. Some teams organize small challenges or Skype sessions. If you'd like to do that you can, but you don't have to. You can have a look at some team threads to get an idea how it works.

In any case, I'd vote for you.

Well, thank you for the support! :)

I could host the thread, make small challenges, and try to keep the team motivated and focused. No problem. About Skype... I, for one, am not in a position to use Skype voice chat too much, unless I get a rare period of peace and quiet at home. But, of course, I could delegate that to someone else. :)

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5014 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 13 of 168
13 December 2013 at 11:18am | IP Logged 
A real update (not this one QnD fix) is due soon, Josquin -- I just feel I must end my other pending issues at HTLAL before, so please cut me some slack. BTW, I'll largely copy chunks of your first post at the Russian team log so be easy on that too - I don't think it'll be much of a problem if we keep in mind that I provided 80% of the links in there, will it? ;)

I'll happily be at the helm of the thread and I can (and will, regardless of eventually disappearing for all other purposes) take care of anything technical, like updating links and resources lists, or even setting up external stuff, but I'don't think I'm good at keeping people motivated and such. So, I'll be captain if no one else is chosen for the task, but I'd prefer to be considered your team machinist / helmsman / motorman. We still have time to decide on all that, though.

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5183 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 14 of 168
13 December 2013 at 4:16pm | IP Logged 
I would like to be a Japanese team observer. :)

I did the Michel Thomas Japanese course earlier this fall, just to get a taste of the language. I really like Japanese, and I want to come back to it (some day). I doubt it will be in 2014, as there are a few other languages with a higher priority for me, but I am interested in watching all your progress, and maybe learning a few new things in the process. :)

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5437 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 15 of 168
13 December 2013 at 9:25pm | IP Logged 
I'd like to join the Japanese team. In the 2014 signup thread, my posts keep getting
overlooked and whenever someone does a tally up of the members in a team, my name keeps
being left out, thus I'm posting here.

kujichagulia
Japan
Joined 4635 days ago

1031 posts - 1571 votes 
Studies: Japanese, Portuguese

Message 16 of 168
14 December 2013 at 9:31am | IP Logged 
mrwarper wrote:

I'll happily be at the helm of the thread and I can (and will, regardless of eventually disappearing for all other purposes) take care of anything technical, like updating links and resources lists, or even setting up external stuff, but I'don't think I'm good at keeping people motivated and such. So, I'll be captain if no one else is chosen for the task, but I'd prefer to be considered your team machinist / helmsman / motorman. We still have time to decide on all that, though.

mrwarper, if you can do the technical stuff, lists, and the like, I will take care of the motivation, challenges, etc. I motivate for a living as a teacher, so it shouldn't be too difficult... I hope. :) We could be co-captains or something.

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 168 messages over 21 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version