Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3811 days ago

507 posts - 1097 votes 
Studies: German

Message 65 of 69
07 June 2015 at 9:18pm | IP Logged 
Hi Will,

This is an interesting development. I have opened a separate discussion thread.

Merci beaucoup!
Speakeasy
1 person has voted this message useful

Ericounet
France
yojik.euRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5194 days ago

157 posts - 414 votes 
Studies: English, German, Russian

Message 66 of 69
03 April 2016 at 11:37am | IP Logged 
hi,

some news:

1) Helen Abadzi sent to me :

Malagasy newspaper reader

I put it on Malagasy newspaper

I'm not sure about the copyrights: if you know something is not right (copyrights infringement) just send me a message.

Thank you, Helen! (yes, I'm late on putting this on the server ...)

2) I put online a gitlab instance with "language relative works"; digitization of FSI and DLI documents, courses. This git server (git is a versioning program) is located on my home server - adsl line ... so not so fast ... It's free to use for other language works. Just register to get an account. You may explore the content by clicking on the "explore" button at the bottom of the home page (yes, this button needs to be more visible).
The url is: gitlab instance

You'll find there is my current work on Chinese FSI and DLI; I managed to extract the sentences and the vocabulary and exported them in csv format: the lists can be imported by any flashcard program (I already did it with Anki and the Chinese addon).

The DLI Chinese Glossary is there too .. in csv format and xml, and pdf.

There is still a lot of work to do on these documents. (checking, formatting, corrections (the language evolved and some expressions/words don't have now the same meaning as they had when the documents were created.)

3) I imported audio from shtooka.net to populate HSK1 list, and created an Anki desk. I'll put it on the server this weekend. Just audio for a few words are missing.

Regards,

Eric

ps: for people who don't know the docbook format, it's a xml format; the documents can be transformed to .doc (windows) with the free pandoc program.

pandoc
5 persons have voted this message useful

Ericounet
France
Joined 5194 days ago

157 posts - 414 votes 

Message 67 of 69
13 August 2016 at 1:29pm | IP Logged 
New material

Hi,

The Cortina language materials (Russian and Japanese) have been made available on The Yojik Website by the kind permission of the holder of the copyright, Magdalen Livesey, the President of Cortina International, Inc.

Thanks a lot to: Magdalen Livesey (President, Cortina Learning International, Inc.), SpeakEasy (Michael), jpazzz, daristani who worked hard to make this possible.

I forgot a long time ago to add the Persian audio files: it's done.

Eric

update: url corrected

update: the Cortina material is also available on my new webiste: the new Yojik Website. This is still on my home server. I will host it on my main server a bit later.
The Persian audio is on the 2 websites too (under FSI material)

Edited by Ericounet on 14 August 2016 at 4:14pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

datsunking1
Diglot
United States
Joined 5344 days ago

1014 posts - 1533 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: German, Russian, Dutch, French

Message 68 of 69
05 September 2016 at 12:33pm | IP Logged 
Ericounet wrote:
New material

Hi,

The Cortina language materials (Russian and Japanese) have been made available on The Yojik Website by the kind permission of the holder of the copyright, Magdalen Livesey, the President of Cortina International, Inc.

Thanks a lot to: Magdalen Livesey (President, Cortina Learning International, Inc.), SpeakEasy (Michael), jpazzz, daristani who worked hard to make this possible.

I forgot a long time ago to add the Persian audio files: it's done.

Eric

update: url corrected

update: the Cortina material is also available on my new webiste: the new Yojik Website. This is still on my home server. I will host it on my main server a bit later.
The Persian audio is on the 2 websites too (under FSI material)

Awesome! I've always wanted to use a Cortina course :D
1 person has voted this message useful

Ericounet
France
Joined 5194 days ago

157 posts - 414 votes 

Message 69 of 69
12 September 2016 at 8:45am | IP Logged 
Hi,

just a short message: the new FSI-languages website is online. Same URL as before.

Enjoy (and report links errors ... )

It's not completely finished (the FSI part is finished) , but there is a link to the old website on the main page.

Eric

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 69 messages over 9 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version