Diglot
Congo
Joined 5829 days ago

199 posts - 346 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English
Studies: French, Portuguese

Message 1 of 8
05 March 2013 at 2:58am | IP Logged 
Richard Simcott, Luca Lampariello, Steve Kaufmann, Leonid Slobodinov, Vitaly Leventhal, Matyugin Igor, Valentin Silenok, Willy Melnikov, Ivan Poloneichik and Svetlana ZVerka Grachev

http://akintsev.com/language/
4 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5607 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 8
05 March 2013 at 7:43am | IP Logged 
This event sounds very interesting and what a pity that I can't understand the website written in Russian.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 05 March 2013 at 3:33pm

1 person has voted this message useful

vonPeterhof
Tetraglot
Russian FederationRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4532 days ago

715 posts - 1527 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, EnglishC2, Japanese, German
Studies: Kazakh, Korean, Norwegian, Turkish

Message 3 of 8
06 March 2013 at 12:28am | IP Logged 
Aw dangit! I already signed up to attend a fan convention on the very same day, in the very same city! I haven't paid yet, so I can still cancel, but I was really hoping I wouldn't have to choose between my "serious" hobbies and my "frivolous" ones! I wonder if I can pull a "two-timer date" of sorts and catch a bit of both...

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5607 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 4 of 8
06 March 2013 at 8:26am | IP Logged 
Steve Kaufmann will not be present at the conference in Moscow. He writes on the LingQ - website: "I will be presenting a discussion on language learning in Russian via Skype. Unfortunately I will not be there."

Fasulye

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5855 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 5 of 8
07 April 2013 at 6:52pm | IP Logged 
Luca and I had a great time in Moscow. The organisers put together a video of us, where they asked us to exchange a few words in different languages as I finished and Luca went up to speak. I thought it might be a fun thing to put up here for you to see. Hope you enjoy it! :)
8 persons have voted this message useful

Zarmutek
United States
twitter.com/manueljoRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4485 days ago

28 posts - 74 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 6 of 8
07 April 2013 at 10:00pm | IP Logged 
I saw that multilingual on Facebook yesterday. Very amazing and inspiring.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6463 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 7 of 8
10 April 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged 
I have also looked at the homepage (although McAfee had put it at the 'yellow' level - hopefully my machine didn't catch some nasty virus). The thing that I found somewhat troubling was that I only knew the names of speakers from abroad (Steve K, Luca Z, Richard S), not one name from the Russian side. Methinks there ate a lot of interesting discussions about language learning which never reach the Anglophone world. I'll have a look at some of the personal homepages of the Russian speakers to see what they stand for.

Edited by Iversen on 17 May 2013 at 8:33am

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5607 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 8 of 8
16 May 2013 at 8:32pm | IP Logged 
Iversen wrote:
Methinks there is a lot of interesting discussions about language learning which never reach the Anglophone world. I'll have a look at some of the personal homepages of the Russian speakers to see what they stand for.

I have also got the impression that there are some very interesting native Russian speaking polyglots who have their blog website in Russian and who talk in Russian with in the Anglophone world wellknown polyglots like Steve Kaufmann. Their discussions and their language learning advice are all written in Russian, so my personal barrier in this case is that I can only understand some single Russian words and my reading of Cyrillic has become very unfluent. I would be very interested to know these Russian natives better through the internet. Of course I have my ongoing language study projects, so I will not allow me to be sidetracked by these facts.

Fasulye

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version