Austria
Joined 4322 days ago

82 posts - 87 votes 
Speaks: German*
Studies: English, Spanish

Message 1 of 49
26 December 2012 at 11:25pm | IP Logged 
Introduction

The aim of this log is to document my language journey and progress during the next year (2013). As it is my first
TAC I am a bit nervous, however I think that it is going to be a great experience being part of Team Romulan as
well as Team Mir.

Spanish

I have been learning Spanish since September 2011, that means for about 15 months now, as my first Romance
language. (Well, apart from that I had learned - and I am still learning- Latin before, which has really helped me a
lot concerning my general comprehension of the Romance language's system.) Actually it's my favorite foreign
language because it's both important and beautiful. In addition I am fascinated by the culture of the Hispanic
countries. That's why Spanish will be my main language for the next year .

Materials I'll use:

-Spanish Classes
-Langenscheidt's Vokabeltrainer
-magazines, books
-videos, films, music

Goal: I want to achieve a B2 whereas currently I am on a A2 I think.

Russian

In summer I got interested in Russian (my first Slavic language) and finally started learning it about one month ago
trying to read and write the alphabet and studying some basic words and constructions. I really like the language
because of its sound but also because of its culture.

Materials I'll use:

-Russian Classes
-Langenscheidt's Praktischer Sprachkurs Russisch
-Multimedial Computer Programmes

Goal: As my focus will be on Spanish I don't have very high goals but I'll try to achieve a good A1 or a low A2.

English

In addition to that I want to brush up my English skills. In my opinion I really have to do so because -as you
probably will have noticed- my English isn't that good, which is a bit strange considering that it is my first foreign
language and I have been learning it for about 5 years.
I will try to expand my vocabulary as well as to learn some more constructions and repeat the things I've already
learned. Maybe I'll also take some English Classes in order to have conversation and to practice the active
speaking.

Finally, I am really looking forward to this TAC and I hope that we'll have a lot of success and that we'll be able to
reach our goals!

Edited by Wort on 02 January 2013 at 10:40am

1 person has voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5116 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 2 of 49
27 December 2012 at 12:08am | IP Logged 
Hi, great to see another Russian student! I think we must have one of the most popular languages this year!

Toffeeliz
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5462 days ago

116 posts - 130 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin
Studies: Russian

Message 3 of 49
27 December 2012 at 8:41am | IP Logged 
Great to see your log Wort. I've already said how jealous I am of your Russian classes. I'd like to hear your opinion about the Lagenscheidt course as you progress through it; I saw their German resources in Dussman's in Berlin and was just blown away. I hope they are equally as good in their other foreign language resources.

Good luck and glad to have you on the team! :D

Wort
Groupie
Austria
Joined 4322 days ago

82 posts - 87 votes 

Message 4 of 49
28 December 2012 at 2:55pm | IP Logged 
@ Solfrid Cristin: Absolutely! I've also got the impression that there is a very high number of Russian learners.

@ Toffeeliz: Yes, you said that before haha :), but why don't you take some Russian classes? Well, I'll tell you about
my opinion about the Langenscheidt course next year but from my current point of view (so far I've only read the
first pages) it's a bit complicated, that means it is too detailed regarding Grammar. Generally, they offer great
resources concerning a lot of languages.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4489 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 5 of 49
01 January 2013 at 3:01pm | IP Logged 
Я желаю тебе успехов в новом году!

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5040 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 6 of 49
01 January 2013 at 4:45pm | IP Logged 
Hi! I am on the second Russian team. I just wanted to drop by and say good luck and I
look forward to following your log! Happy new year! :)

Wort
Groupie
Austria
Joined 4322 days ago

82 posts - 87 votes 

Message 7 of 49
01 January 2013 at 6:16pm | IP Logged 
Cпаcибо! Thanks for the comments! Yes, Happy New Year! :)

LanguageSponge
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5548 days ago

1197 posts - 1487 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Welsh, Russian, Japanese, Slovenian, Greek, Italian

Message 8 of 49
01 January 2013 at 6:36pm | IP Logged 
Hi! Good luck with your languages this year, Wort, especially with Russian and English. If you want anyone to glance at anything you write in English (or read thoroughly, your choice) then let me know if you like :)

Good luck!
Jack

This discussion contains 49 messages over 7 pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version